Question about Compaq Presario X1000 Notebook
I have recently installed the Ezdock and Acer Ferrari F20 Monitor.
I find the entire system very unstable and different things keep going wrong. Firstly let me give you the background info:
1) I am running Windows Vista.
2) The F20 Monitor suggest setting the resolution at 1680 X 1050.
3) Since setting this resolution the best resolution I can set on my laptop is 1280 X 800. Before connecting the monitor there were higher option settings.
4) I switch the monitor on first then the laptop.
5) During startup the picture of the Ferrari which comes up before booting is not centralised in the monitor but offset to the right.
6) Once startup complete the Ferrari Desktop background is not the full size of the screen. Also during setup it was difficult to centralise the background on the monitor. It is now centralised but on maximum adjustment to the left.
There is no consistant pattern in the problems experienced but I will list a few that have happened in order of most often experienced first:
1) The mouse will suddenly freeze and you can do absolutely nothing except use the on/off switch to restart computer. On restart it will show a black screen offset to the right with a choice of either Run repair or Start Windows Normally. If you choose Run repair nothing happens so the only choice that works is Start Windows Normally.
2) If you want to change your GridVista layout during use the monitor screen will just go black and the only way in which you can get the monitor back is by closing windows on the taskbar on the laptop and rebooting system.
3) If I place a particular window on the monitor and then open something from that window it will popup the new window (open in new window) back on the laptop and not over the section of the monitor I am working on.
Acer suggested that I try excluding the Ezdock and connect directly to the laptop. Since doing that the freezing of the mouse seems to be resolved but the other problems still occur.
I cannot help but feel that the problem relates to the resolution settings and alignment issues mentioned above.
Have you experienced problems of this nature before and can you suggest a possible solution.
Just wondering if you have loaded drivers for the F20, There may be a conflict with that monitor until you install the proper software. Another thing is to go into your display setting and make sure that the correct display device is selected. You can change what monitor you want for your default and doing so will cause the correction on you external monitor as long as the software is installed and updated, If your monitor tells you that your resolution should be at 1680x1050 You should see 1920x 1340 in your display properties all the way down to 640x480 I don't no if that will get you up and running, I know that the higher the resolution the smaller the picture on your screen, lower res. will make things bigger on your screen. Hope that helps you somewhat. Thanks take care and I hope it works for you.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2011 | Acer Ferrari 5005-5832 Notebook
Aug 10, 2007 | Acer Ferrari 1000-5123 Laptop
Mar 25, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 27, 2010 | Acer Ferrari 1100 Notebook
Jun 21, 2010 | Acer Ferrari 4000 Laptop Notebook
Aug 29, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Jan 11, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: