Can I use the PDC 1100 camera with Windows XP?
Yes, you can use the camera with Windows XP, but you will no longer be able to use a USB port to download your photos. Only serial port downloads are supported under Windows XP for the PDC 1100 camera.
Follow the instructions below to reinstall the PhotoMAX software and camera drivers using Windows XP's Program Compatibility Wizard.
1. Insert the PhotoMAX CD-ROM in the CD drive. If the program begins installing, press OK to close the "not compatible with Windows NT" error message.
2. Start the Wizard by clicking the Start button and choosing All Programs > Accessories > Program Compatibility Wizard. Follow the on-screen prompts.
3. On the second screen, select I want to use the program in the CD-ROM Drive and click Next.
4. Select Microsoft Windows 98/Windows Me and click Next. NOTE: You may have to scroll down to see this option.
5. Uncheck the following items:
* 256 colors
* 640 X 480 Screen Resolution
* Disable Visual Themes
6. Click Next.
7. Click Next again. The PhotoMAX software will begin installing. Follow the on-screen prompts.
8. Follow on-screen prompts to finish the installation and click Finish.
9. When the Compatibility Wizard asks if the program worked correctly select Yes and click Next.
10. When the program asks if you want to send information to Microsoft, select No and click Next to finish the installation.
11. Shut down and restart the computer. After the restart, you should be able to download photos using Windows XP.
Sep 14, 2005 |
Polaroid PhotoMax PDC 1100 Digital Camera