Question about HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
I've been trying to fix this Deskjet 5550. It worked until I went to change the ink cartridges. I had no problem removing the cartridges..... as they ink carriage moved to the middle position... but I closed the lid and the carriage went to the left and now stays there...
any ideas on what maybe the problem?
I went through some of the procedures of shutting everything down and restarting everything... I followed the instructions for issues like this from HP's site.... but nothing...
I have had this same problem a few times, not due to changing the cartiges, but following one of my kids yanking on a peice of paper as it was printing. After I tried all the unplugging and clearing and re-starting, the arm was still stuck on the left. I read on some forum (can't remember where) while the printer is off, to gently push/pull on the cartiges until they un-jam or start to move. I flet like I was going to break it, but it has worked every time.
Hope this helps osmeone else!
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
I have had this happen. The easy way to fix, is put a ***** driver, or similar, down to the blue clip and press down. whilst doing this gently pull the holder back. it seems to happen if you dont close the blue clip correctly.
Posted on Mar 13, 2008
I had the same issue and managed to fix it. Here's how:
1) remove both cartidges
2) unlug the USB and power cord
3) remove the back cover
4) reconnect everything in the reverse order (put back cover on, attach cords, insert ink)
5) Pray for a moment, then hopefully all will be well. Worked for me.
Posted on Mar 01, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2018 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 19, 2010 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Jun 08, 2010 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Nov 04, 2009 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Sep 03, 2009 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Sep 22, 2008 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Aug 03, 2008 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Jun 13, 2008 | HP Deskjet 6980 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 13, 2008 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
923 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!