Question about 2wire 1800HG Router (RG1800HG00)
Did you check the Ethernet link status?
Try changing the cable type between Ethernet Cross-over and straight cable
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2013 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Oct 14, 2012 | D-Link Routers
Jan 11, 2011 | Routers
Oct 06, 2010 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Apr 19, 2010 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Aug 03, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Nov 14, 2008 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: