Question about D-Link NETWORK CARD DFE550TXREF Network Adapter
I just installed a d-link DIR-300 wireless router to personal computer. I have a compaq presario laptop that connects properly with the router in regards to its internet connection. but when i tried to print wirelessly (printer connected to the personal computer), i won't work. what can i do? i already tried to change the properties of the printer connected to the personal computer (HPDeskjet374) which enables sharing but when i tried to "add printer" on the compaq laptop. the name of the printer doesn NOT appear :(
Hi, all above is to be done, again check on ur laptop that the shared printer is set to default printer, secondly also check if the printer is marked off line,just uncheck that.. u should be gud 2 go... let me know
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
You must have a network set up, and you must enable file and printer sharing on the desktop. The laptop and the desktop should be in the same workgroup. Some firewalls will cause this problem.
Start with the network setup wizard in Settings/Network.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
File and print sharing works over NETBIOS protocol , Make sure that NETBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled , some times NETBIOS forwarding is blocked by router firewall.
Follow these steps
1) make sure that both personal computer and laptop is on the same subnet for example
* Personal Computer IP : 192.168.1.2 Mask : 255.255.255.0
GateWay 192.168.1.1 (router)
* Laptop IP : 192.168.1.3 Mask : 255.255.255.0 Gw : 192.168.1.1(router)
* Wireless Router IP : 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
2) Enable File and Print Sharing on Personal Computer and share the printer as required
3) Enable Forward NETBIOS in the router , Check your firewalls manual for this step
4) In the laptop open printers and say add printer, and select network printer if you dont see shared printer in the list we have an alternative way
open Start --> Run and type \\192.168.1.2 if it ask username and password give username and password that you use in personal computer , In the opened window you can see the printer which is shared , Just double click it . It will install itself in the Laptop
Hope this would help solving the problem
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2013 | D-Link D Link Dir 825 Xtreme Dual Band...
Oct 15, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Oct 11, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jul 18, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Mar 04, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Oct 16, 2008 | D-Link RangeBooster N Wireless-N USB 2.0...
Apr 30, 2009 | D-Link NETWORK CARD DFE550TXREF Network...
Oct 08, 2008 | D-Link NETWORK CARD DFE550TXREF Network...
969 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!