Question about Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
I have nokia 6070 and ca42 cable.
i installed latest pc suite-6.85 ver.
i can see that 'data cable connected' on my mobile.
i can do all the things(file transfering,using applications,syncornization etc) except detecting modem.
HOW I CAN CONNECT INTERNET WITH NOKIA 6070.
Hello everyone !
I was too facing the same problem sometimes before of pc suite not detecting nokia modem for Nokia 6070.. Now it will be surely over..!
What you need to do is that just download this pc suit, I mean from the URL http://rapidshare.com/files/168597126/modem_driver_for_nokia.zip
and installed it after usinstalling your new version pc suite or any other same. If you know that from where modem is installed it will be better if not contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I will try to answer you at the earliest.. One important thing is that please choose NOKIA 3200 CABLE MODEM from the list of nokia modems. For any problem you are facing relating this at any step, you can contact me...
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
I have nokia 6070 and ca42 cable. i installed latest pc suite-6.85 ver. i can see that 'data cable connected' on my mobile. i can do all the things(file transfering,using applications,syncornization etc) except detecting modem. HOW I CAN CONNECT INTERNET WITH NOKIA 6070.
Posted on Oct 30, 2008
When I am switch on my Nokia 6070 phone. I am getting one message "Check Connection Setting". How can I resolve this issue.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
Only in the Philippines
1) When you buy the CA-42 cable together with the CD. Install the Nokia PC Suite. or download the version 6
2) Then connect your phone with PC using CA-42 cable.
3) Now open Control Panel > Phone And Modem Options > Modems
4) Add > check “Don’t detect my modem, I will select it from list” > Next
5) Select Manufacture “Nokia” , on right side scroll down to “Nokia 3200 cable”
6) Yes “Nokia 3200 Cable”. Do not hope for Nokia 6070 to be appeared in the list. It will never display. Nokia 3200 driver will work with 6070.
7) Go back to your nokia PC suite, then click the internet option, just change the seeting or click the setting button, then look for the (Nokia 3200 OTA)on the list, then change the subscriber setting (smart Philippine or globe).
8) Then double click the connect button.
9) You will diffidently access internet and able to connect pc suite.
10) Once it verifies the password and user name.
Bingo!!! You may now use your internet explorer.
Posted on Nov 17, 2008
I roughly agree with all the previous dated until now solutions.
The modem is not detected automatically, this is the main obstacle, and there are conflicts on Win Xp on serial CA-42 & friends serial port access because Nokia PC suite takes full exclusive access.
Moreover, each USB connection takes a different name based on wich USB port is used (COM7, COM8, ...) and this causes the modem to be reconfigured each time You change USB port.
I succeded manually modifying a standard modem configuration that was installed (as administrator of course) by Connect me sw from Vodafone. A custom init string must be added to default init strings : AT+CGDCONT=,,"internet" plus hw control enabled.
But this is the good and unexpected surprise :
the modem is absolutely seen as standard, at the end of the story, You need not a special modem driver. The serial port (cable) is special indeed, and needs a custom driver (Xp) or latest (linux) distributions that handle USB to serial conversion.
Example : Linux SuSE 10.3 wvdial works perfect on port /dev/ttyUSB0 that does not depend on the USB used, but (as all the linux on the fly devices) on the number of devices connected.
In al cases You must disable login user and password recognition. With wvdial just use a dummy "aaa" user with no password check - that's all.
Again, the problem is in accessing the serial device, not the modem devices, because a program can lock the port and deny access to other applications asking for it.
At the end of the story : Nokia should better document these steps, I lost hours of time in trials to put to work everything.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
I suggest to do this just go the phone and modems and then click on add then u can see many modems like nokia 6600 so as then now remove the usb port of the nokia 6070 device and then place it again then u can find 6020 modem then select the port of the usb then u can connect the nokia 6070 for the internet
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
Hello Dear Sheki,
I cannt open this link
needed user name & password but I don't have any user anme & Password in rapidshare.
Can u help me in this regards, please.
Posted on Dec 05, 2009
Here is work around and steps.
It works for me (after a week struggle off course!!) and works for any version of Windows (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 98, Windows ME) whatever version you have.
1) Download a newer version of PC suite from Nokia site. Install in your machine.
If you do not want PC suite, do not perform this step.
2) Connect your phone with PC using CA-42
3) Open Control Panel > System > Device Manager
4) Expand “Ports (Com & LPT)”. You will see there “Nokia CA-42 (COM4) or the next COM port available in your system.
5) Right click > Properties > Port settings > Advanced > Change COM port number to COM10 > Ok
Steps 4) and 5) are optional but recommended. Useful to avoid port conflict.
6) Open PC suite > Manage Connections > Uncheck all connections > Close
PC suite will show the warning and will loose the connectivity with phone because you changed the port in step 5) and cleared phone connection. This is very essential to release COM port.
7) Now open Control Panel again > Phone And Modem Options > Modems
8) Add > ticket “Don’t detect my modem, I will select it from list” > Next
9) Select Manufacture “Nokia” , on right side scroll down to “Nokia 3200 cable”
Yes “Nokia 3200 Cable”. Do not hope for Nokia 6070 to be appeared in the list. It will never display. Nokia 3200 driver will work with 6070.
10 ) Click Next > In “Selected ports” list, select “COM10” > Click Next.
11) You will see “Nokia Cable 3200” is showing in modem list. > Click Properties.
12 ) Diagnostics > Query Modem > You will Nokia 6070 in scroll box.
Bingo!! Modem has been setup
Its time to connect with internet. Very important DO NOT try to connect with PC suite using “Connect to Internet (One Touch Access). You will “No Modem Found” and you cant connect at all.
Instead follow these steps:
1) Open Control Panel > Network Connections > Create a new connection.
2) Connect to Internet > Setup connection Manually > Connect using Dialup modem
Steps may differ here according to XP and Vista but choose “Dial up modem”
3) Type ISP name (anything)
4) Phone number (Ask your mobile operator)
5) User name and password (Ask your mobile operator) > Next > Finish
6) You will see connection has been made > Double click and Connect.
You will diffidently access internet and able to connect.
When you want to use PC Suite, simply disconnect internet connection and enable “CA-42” connectivity in “Manage Connections” in PC Suite.
Best of luck!!!
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2011 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
Feb 19, 2011 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
Sep 25, 2010 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
Sep 24, 2010 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
Aug 23, 2010 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
May 21, 2010 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
Jun 12, 2009 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
Apr 05, 2008 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
Feb 22, 2008 | Nokia 6070 Cellular Phone
6,920 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!