Question about Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
I cannot upgrade my psp through the network uprage every time i try it gives "connection to the server failed a dns error has occured (8041040d) but the connection is good
Here's what you can do:
1. Connect your PSP to your PC.
2. Check if the proper folders are on it's Memory Stick. There is
a folder called PSP which had the following folders
3. The folder you need is GAME. Go in there and create a subfolder called UPDATE.
4. Go to www.playstation.com
5. Look for your local site.
6. Look in the PSP section for firmware updates. Here's the link for the most recent firmware update for the USA.
[PSP Firmware 3.80]
* If you need other regional firmware you'll need to look for it yourself or tell me where you from.
7. Download the file in the above link to a convenient place such as your desktop. Then copy it to the recently created UPDATE folder.
8. Safely disconnect your PSP.
9. Start up your PSP and go to the Game section of it, select Memory Stick. You should now see the file.
10. Open the file by pressing X. The update procedure starts. Be sure to follow the on screen instructions.
If you want to read these steps over again, click this link:
[Updating PSP via PC]
Warning: do not use firmware other then placed on Sony PlayStation's official site. For it might damage your system and it will never boot again. Also make sure the battery is fully charged (a charge of 50% will not do, the update utilty won't allow the update). Since it can take an few minutes you best connect it to it's power supply.
NEVER interupt an update by shutting your unit down, removing battery, removing stick, removing power. The damage done is not covered by Sony's warranty.
About the issue for the connection with your PS3 unit. It's true, you need one of the most recent firmwares.
I hope this helped you out, please rate my solution.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Nov 24, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jul 10, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 10, 2009 | Sony PSP-3000 Silver Console
Jan 05, 2009 | Sony PSP (Piano Black)
Aug 26, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 11, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jan 13, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
282 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: