Question about Pretec CompactCamera Digital Camera
My daughter just received one of these camera's for her 6th birthday and is extremely excited. I am running Windows XP and was getting the "No pictures on camera" error. I tried downloading the drivers for this but that did not work. Here is what I did to get the camera working:
1) Connect the camera with the provided USB cable.
2) Download the latest driver from the Digital Blue web site: http://digiblue.com/customer-service/downloads/index.html, select the "The Disney Pix Micro Drivers for WIN ME, 2000, XP"
3) Install this driver, this will not enable the camera to work yet.
4) After this driver has installed, go to Control Panel
5) Select System
6) Select the Hardware tab
7) Select Device Manager
8) Find the device in the list (mine said "USB Digital Still Camera"), will probably have the yellow exclamation mark on it saying that it is not working.
9) Double click the device
10) Select "Reinstall Driver" from the General tab
11) When asked if Windows can connect to Windows Update to search for software, select "Yes, this time only" and click Next.
12) Choose "Install the software automatically" and click Next.
13) You should get a message saying the driver for the "DB CIF Cam" has not passed the Windows Logo testing, select "Continue Anyway".
14) Click Finish.
15) The first time I did this, I needed to take a picture while the camera was connected to the PC.
After doing this I am able to download the pictures and everything works great. I hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 17, 2008
If it's the same as mine and you use Windows XP, you should be able to use it just like a flash drive. I got mine to work by making sure it was turned off, plugging it in, and opening it as a removable drive. Hope this helps.
Posted on May 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2011 | Olympus Camedia C-480 Zoom Digital Camera
Dec 20, 2008 | Fuji FinePix F480 Digital Camera
Dec 13, 2008 | Logitech ClickSmart 310 Digital Camera
Jan 29, 2008 | Logitech Pocket Digital Digital Camera
Jan 25, 2008 | Pretec DigiPen-480 Digital Camera
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: