Question about Philips Magnavox MDV650 DVD Recorder
I have recently purchesed and recieved a "MAGNAVOX DVD RECORDER WITH DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA INPUT" through ebay. When i switch the system on the following message appears on the display screen "NO TVP" and nothing seems to work i.e DVD will not open or close, you cannot switch the system on or off , no functions seem to work. I originally assumed that the message meant No power to the televison, however I checked many time that the TV was connected and switched on.
Unfortunately I did not recieve a manual from ebay so i'm lost as to my next steps.
The "TV ONP" message is happening because the DVD recorder is waiting for you to complete the "initial installation" on the TV (where you will select what language you want to use and a few other basic settings).
Provided that your DVD recorder is hooked up to your TV properly, you should turn on your TV and see the "initial setup" screen for the dvd recorder. Use your DVD recorder's remote control for this screen.
See page "30" in the manual that was posted for instructions on going through these screens. Note, though, that page "30" in the manual, is actually page 44 on the pdf file.
To summarize what the manual says, it basically says:
- Use the remote, pointed properly at the dvd recorder. Use the four-way pad and the "OK" button to navigate the menu.
- pick your menu language from the menu shown onscreen
- now pick your "audio language" from the menu
- now pick your "subtitle language"
- then pick your "tv shape" (e.g. widescreen or normal)
- connect your cable tv or satellite to the dvd recorder and press ok
- wait as the dvd recorder automatically programs in the available channels
- once done, "Auto ch. search complete" will appear on the screen.
- press the "SYSTEM-MENU" button on the remote to remove the menu and begin normal operation
The recorder will loop through all the channels on your cable tv and "autoprogram" the working ones into it, so part of the instructions that you read on the manual will talk about setting that up. If you have a digital or proprietary cablebox that doesn't use the traditional TV channels (e.g. the tv is supposed to just be on channel 3 all the time), then the dvd recorder will only find that one channel, which is fine.
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2013 | Magnavox ZV427MG9 DVD Recorder VCR
Dec 02, 2012 | Magnavox ZV427MG9 DVD Recorder VCR
Oct 01, 2011 | Magnavox ZV427MG9 DVD Recorder VCR
Dec 13, 2009 | Philips Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD Recorder/VCR
Sep 24, 2009 | Philips Magnavox MWR10D6 DVD Recorder
Aug 18, 2009 | Philips Magnavox DVD+R/+RW Recorder/VCR
Jul 06, 2009 | Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
Feb 01, 2009 | Philips Magnavox MWR10D6 DVD Recorder
Dec 29, 2007 | Philips Magnavox MWR10D6 DVD Recorder
720 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: