Question about Logitech Webcam
I can see but cannot be seen on skype on windows i.m. no prob with computer memory or cpu speed. And ideas?
You will be required to run an
audio setup wizard through the messenger application in order for MSN
or Windows Live Messenger to recognize sound using a microphone and
produce sound through speakers, headphones, or headsets.
The information in this article will describe the correct procedure to setup audio and video within the MSN or Windows Live Messenger application to achieve proper audio functionality.
Answer The information in this article applies to the following 3rd party software
MSN Messenger 6.x
MSN Messenger 7.x
Window Live Messenger 8.5
The information in this article applies the following platforms
Note: The information in this article is not product specific. For details regarding camera driver and operating system support please see article 3428
Step 1: Getting Started
Before we begin setting up the sound in MSN or Windows Live Messenger, ensure the following is complete:
Step 2: Executing the audio and video setup procedure within the messenger application
This procedure will allow you to assign an audio input and audio output device, as well as assigning the video device of your choice to work with the messenger application. The following example uses Windows Live Messenger 8.5 however, the same procedure can be used for earlier versions of MSN Messenger 6.x and above. MSN Messenger users please skip directly to step 4 below.
Note to Windows Live Messenger users: There are multiple ways to execute the following steps depending on being signed in vs signed out of the messenger application, and which version of Windows Live Messenger is being used. To avoid confusion, please execute the following steps while signed out. We also recommend updating to the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.
1. Sign out of your account.
2. Launch the messenger application (make sure you are not signed in to your account).
3. Locate and click the "Help" drop down button towards the top right corner and select "Show the menu bar"
4. Now click the "Tools" option in the menu bar and select the “Audio and Video Setup” option.
5. Click “Next to begin the setup process.
6. In the “Speaker Setup” window, select the output device you would like to use with the messenger application. This step is specific to speakers or headphones. If your speakers or headphones are USB devices and connected to your computer, select the device by using the drop down menu provided. If your speakers or headphones are connected to your soundcard, the device listed will be the make or model of your soundcard device.
You can also set the desired volume level and click “Play Sound” for an audio sample. Click "Next" once you are comfortable with the your selected options.
7. In the “Microphone Setup” window, select your desired input device from the drop downlogitec web cam - 3172_msnad04.jpgbr /> This selection will be specific to a microphone connected to your computer. If your Logitech video camera has a built-in microphone, this option will be presented as “Logitech Mic” with your camera model name in parentheses as shown above.
If you have an external USB microphone or headset device connected to your computer that hosts a microphone, select the devices name or model number in the drop down menu. If your external microphone or headset is connected to your soundcard, the device listed will be the make or model of your soundcard device. Once your device is selected, adjust the microphone volume level to your preference and click next.
Note: The microphone volume level may need to be tested in order to find a comfortable volume level. As a starting point, try setting the level midway and adjust when necessary by re-executing this procedure.
8. In the “Webcam Setup” window, select the video device you would like to use with messenger application. Once selected, you should see a display sample in the window provided. You can also click the “Options” button to make camera specific adjustments. Once completed, click the “Finish&rdqlogitec web cam - 3172_msnad05.jpgply your changes.
Once you have completed this process, the messenger application should now be configured to the correct audio input (microphone), audio output (speakers or headphones), and video device (webcam) to use when engaging in an audio and or video conversation.
Posted on Feb 29, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2012 | Eagletron CamPanel
Dec 02, 2009 | Skype IM
May 17, 2009 | Logitech Webcam
Mar 05, 2009 | Logitech QuickCam Webcam for Notebooks
Jan 25, 2009 | Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision Webcam
Dec 23, 2007 | Computers & Internet
Dec 10, 2007 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
190 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: