Question about Radio Communications
My name is Sergiu Miclea and I purchased my headphones about 7 months ago. They were excellent until recently out of the blue one of the headphone's speaker stop working (the right one to be exactly). I can hear sound perfectly on the left one. Please help!
It's less common for one of the speakers to go bad in a set of headphones. It's possible - but there are more common problems that will cause this. I assume you have tried the headphones on another device to rule our a problem with the device you are currently listening with and using the other device, you still only hear audio from the left speaker.
The wires in the cord that connect the plug to the headphones are very thin and are susceptible to breaking. The most commmon place for these wires to break is at the point where the cord is flexed or stressed the most. Those points are:
1. Right at the plug
2. Where the wire enters into the left and right speaker.
There are occasions where I have seen the wires become unsoldered from the speaker terminals within the headphones themself.
What You Can Do:
1. While listening with the headphones, try flexing the cord back & forth at the plug and where the wire goes into the right speaker. See if the audio will come back and cut out again.
2. What I have done is cut the cord about 3" back from the plug. Go to Radio Shack and purchase a new plug and install a new plug on the cord.
3. You can also take the headphones apart and cut a few inches off the cord where it connects to the right speaker and reconnect the new end of the wire to the right speaker. The goal is to cut away the bad part of the cord and re-attach the good part back.
4. You can try to replace the entire cord but I haven't been able to find replacement (THIN) cords too easily.
Posted on Jan 24, 2008
OK, you will need super glue:
Bend the wire next to the stiffener wire thing need the headset, once you bend it against it, test the sound, if the sound returns, super glue it to the position it is at
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2012 | Harman Kardon HK695 Computer Speakers
Mar 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 27, 2009 | Cell Phones
Jan 23, 2009 | Toshiba PCX2200 (pcx2200key) Modem
Dec 22, 2008 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1...
Jan 27, 2008 | Palm Tungsten E2 Handheld
Nov 15, 2006 | Logitech X-230 Computer Speakers
3,445 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!