Question about Headsets
My name is Sergiu Miclea and I purchased my headphones about 7 months ago. They were excellent until recently out of the blue one of the headphone's speaker stop working (the right one to be exactly). I can hear sound perfectly on the left one. Please help!
It's less common for one of the speakers to go bad in a set of headphones. It's possible - but there are more common problems that will cause this. I assume you have tried the headphones on another device to rule our a problem with the device you are currently listening with and using the other device, you still only hear audio from the left speaker.
The wires in the cord that connect the plug to the headphones are very thin and are susceptible to breaking. The most commmon place for these wires to break is at the point where the cord is flexed or stressed the most. Those points are:
1. Right at the plug
2. Where the wire enters into the left and right speaker.
There are occasions where I have seen the wires become unsoldered from the speaker terminals within the headphones themself.
What You Can Do:
1. While listening with the headphones, try flexing the cord back & forth at the plug and where the wire goes into the right speaker. See if the audio will come back and cut out again.
2. What I have done is cut the cord about 3" back from the plug. Go to Radio Shack and purchase a new plug and install a new plug on the cord.
3. You can also take the headphones apart and cut a few inches off the cord where it connects to the right speaker and reconnect the new end of the wire to the right speaker. The goal is to cut away the bad part of the cord and re-attach the good part back.
4. You can try to replace the entire cord but I haven't been able to find replacement (THIN) cords too easily.
Posted on Jan 24, 2008
OK, you will need super glue:
Bend the wire next to the stiffener wire thing need the headset, once you bend it against it, test the sound, if the sound returns, super glue it to the position it is at
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2016 | Headsets
Apr 01, 2011 | Logitech ClearChat Stereo Headset Headset
Feb 21, 2011 | Plantronics Pulsar 590A Wireless Headset
Jan 13, 2011 | Microsoft LifeChat™ LX-3000 Headset
May 24, 2009 | Logitech ClearChat Pro USB Headset
Apr 07, 2009 | Logitech Premium Headset
Mar 07, 2009 | Logitech ClearChat Pro USB Headset
Jun 16, 2008 | Headsets
Apr 12, 2008 | Labtec C-322 Headset
Sep 04, 2007 | Logitech Premium Headset
3,435 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: