Hello all my gigabeat f20 had that system error 00000010 on it so i removed the top and bottom cap, then i removed the rear cover off the unit (it takes a bit of force and the end caps just pull off). i noticed the long plug attaching the hard drive to the unit had semi-detached so i simply pushed it back on.NOW ITS FIXED!!!!!
I had the same problem, with an F60 which has had a year and a half of travel knocks, The switch on the front - the cross controller, stopped working first, then I got the error 00000010 and it would not start even when connected to a USB, I opened the unit by poping the end caps and undong the two scres holding the BACk on and found the multi-plug to the hard drive was nearly completely detached from the drive, pushed it back on and presto, all working again.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error usually happens when the firmware has been corrupted or deleted. The easiest way to correct this is by updating the firmware. You may also try to restore the firmware data by following the steps below.
1. Connect the gigabeat to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Start Explorer on the PC.
3. Open the folder in which the gigabeat room is installed. --> The folder in which the gigabeat room is installed can be opened by clicking [Start] [All Programs] [TOSHIBA gigabeat room 2.0] [gigabeat room 2.0 Program Folder]. Usually, the folder will be found in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.
4. If you can't find the folder, please go inside the gigabeat then click on [tools], [folder option], go to [view tab] then select [show hidden files and folders].
5. Now, inside the gigabeat root, copy a folder named "GBSYSTEM" located in the folder that was opened in Step 3.
6. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" and disconnect the gigabeat.
A system error indicates a possible software or firmware problem. If the unit is in warranty, contact Toshiba about a software upgrade (possible). If it is out of warranty, the cost of repair is likely more than a new unit.
A system error can be caused by moisture (#1), physical damage (#2) and a possible software update issue. Your Toshiba Gigabeat Room software for your computer may be able to get upgrades for your MEG-F10K. Check the owner's manual. If you cannot connect to the unit with the computer to transfer songs and movies, it is likely not repairable for a reasonable cost.
Mine did the same, touch pad became erratic then stopped working, I could still access everything when linked to a computer. Then all stopped, on power up I got a 00000010 or 0000020 error and nothing.
I popped the end caps off, removed the two small screws holding the back on and found the strap of wires connecting the hard drive was almost completely dissconnected. Pushed the connector back together , reassembled and now all working
Comment by MAHMOOD, posted on Oct 22, 2007
my younger brother plugged my megf20 gigabeat to pc and he formatted that using windows xp format disk utility now when i am turning on the gigabeat i just see an error and that is
no system found on hdd
error number is 00100060
if you can help me please
Error message 0000020 - System Error displayed whenevr devide powered up. Only way to shut down is by turning battery off.
Gigabeat Software on PC not able to detect device, not listed in Device Manager or as an external drive in My Computer. (As it normally is)
Is there a way to reinstall firmware from PC when device not detected?