You will need to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver again, since the driver installation seems to be incomplete. Please follow the steps given below:
To uninstall, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click "Start" and "All Programs."
2. Go to the "Lexmark X1200 series."
3. Click "Lexmark Uninstall."
4. Click "Next."
5. Click "Finish."
6. Click "Restart Windows" and unplug the USB cable.
You may copy and paste the web address below to access the Lexmark X1250/X1270 Vista driver to install:
Please use the following steps to download the Lexmark X1250/X1270 Vista driver to your desktop:
1. Click on "Download Now."
2. On the "File Download" screen, choose "Save."
3. The next screen will be titled "Save As." Choose to "Save in Desktop" and click "OK."
4. You should see files being transferred.
****Note**** If your browser uses a different file downloading format than specified above, you will need to resort to your browsers help files for downloading instructions. The object of steps 1 - 4 is to download the driver to your desktop. This way it is easily accessible.
5. Once the files have completed downloading, double click on the icon with your file name.
6. On the "Win Zip Self-Extractor" screen click "OK."
7. To unzip the downloaded file choose "Unzip."
8. A screen will then display the number of files unzipped successfully, click "OK."
9. Please follow the on screen instructions to complete installation of your Lexmark printer.
Note: Please plug the USB cable when prompted while installing the driver. The USB cable should still be removed from the system, and the on-screen prompts will remind you of this. Eventually, you will get to a screen asking you to plug in the USB cable. This screen also has an "OK" button. Do not hit this button yet. First, plug in the USB cable. The screen should automatically detect and install the Lexmark X1270 scanner and printer drivers.
your's tech expert