Question about Motorola Mobility MING A1200
I got a Motorola Ming A1200 from ebay that I've used for only a month when it suddenly won't charge anymore. Everytime I charge it, a motorola logo flashes but it's not really charging. And the power won't turn on neither. Can someone please help? Really appreciate it. Thanks.
Easy step by step solution!
Hey guys had the same, Try this solution before buying a new battery/charging cable (it might not be the problem):
I did these steps after playing around with it for awhile and am at the stage where my phone turns on fully and says "Battery Charging" when plugged into the charger. It is now charging normally again... Finally! (I had the flashing moto logo too when charger plugged in) I believe this problem occurs because the battery is completely drained and is unable to turn on to charge bcuz the phone needs to be on to be charged, happened to me because i left it in a jacket pocket and forgot about it for weeks. Anyways...
1. You need a USB data cable for it, it should have come with the phone, if not than any USB data cable that fits the phone's charging slot should work (charge cable for the ps3 controller will work or maybe a cable from a digital camera with the same end)
2. Connect the phone to your computer via the USB cable and a USB port that works. Make sure it's plugged in and leave it (even if nothing happens and the screen on the phone is still blank). Although the screen is black, the phone is still charging via your computer (it's just too low on battery to produce the light on the display screen to load up your phone).
3. This might take anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes so be patient and leave it plugged in, beats buying a battery of charger with your money for something that can be solved for free.
4. At some point your computer will make the usual processing noises signalling that it is finally recognizing the phone as a usb device and shortly after your ming's screen will turn on stating that the battery is charging. Success! One of two things will happen, if you have previously installed the ming's drivers to your pc it will just recognize the phone. If you are like me and do not have the drivers installed, you may choose to do so via the cd that came with the phone or just not do it at all.
5. If you want to just charge it via the computer then congrats, your job is done, just leave it plugged in and wait until it is fully charged. If you wish to switch to your regular outlet charger please proceed to step 6.
6. At this point drivers installed or not, either safely remove device from the computer or just unplugg it. Now return your phone to your usual outlet charger making sure its connected. When plugged in you'll notice the moto logo appear (no longer flashing). After about 5 seconds that logo will disappear. At this time flip open the phone. The usual turn on sequence will play out and it will now load up with the battery charging screen similar to the screen from when it was plugged into the computer. Congratulations your phone should be back to normal now.
NOTE: This charge will take longer than your normal charging time but that's just for this time since your battery is super low it will be back to normal after that. Also if this did not work for your phone then now is the time to see if the charger/phone/battery is the problem.
So I hope this helps you out and eases your state of panic. I hope I saved you guys some money with this solution and that your mings are up and running again. I know i was pretty content when the problem was fixed. Please reply with any comments, questions or concerns you may have. Enjoy your once again working mings.
Posted on Jun 24, 2008
Seiruosly someone post a solution im havin the same prblem thanks:)
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
I'm really upset with Motorola for designing a product with such a huge flaw.
The extravagant animation and sound on startup are cute, but to much for a dead battery. Automatically playing this animation when plugging in the phone is a terrible design flaw, draining the tiny bit of charge acquired in a vicious cycle.
Thank you to Khang_is, I'm trying your solution now and leaving my phone plugged in via USB. Crossing my fingers!
Posted on Jul 22, 2008
Hi every one when i connect my motorola A1200 to the computer nothing nothing hapens ive leaved it for 2.5 hours and nothing ive also tried to charge the battery other ways still nothing just won't get on ah and i don't have a other charger but the usb computer cable thanks for some solutions
Posted on Jun 27, 2008
Ive got the same problem except instead of just the motorola symbol showing, the phone turns on when i plug in the charger and the battery sign is white with a red line through it. ive tried my cousins battery because he has the same phone, and it still doesnt work. i used my battery in his phone and it works. im not sure what to do
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2011 | Motorola Mobility MING A1200
Apr 24, 2010 | Motorola Mobility MING A1200
Apr 17, 2009 | Motorola Mobility MING A1200
May 08, 2008 | Motorola Mobility A1200
Nov 06, 2007 | Motorola Mobility MING A1200
1,307 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: