Question about Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
Hi i have this samsung NV10 camera thats worked fine until now.it stops mid way,beeps 4 times and shuts off, i can still see the pictures but when it comes to the videos it only plays a couple seconds and then the screen goes black and it shuts off. What do i do???? i need my camera!
The lens is jammed.
This is a result of damage to the gear in the motor asssembly.
The gear teeth have been broken off & as a result the gears that drive the opening& closing of the barrel dont mesh together resulting in the jam and your 4 beeps!!
Posted on May 22, 2008
I HAVE THE SOLUTION
I had the exact same problem and now it works perfectly.
The lens assembly needs a little WD-40. Warning, DO NOT spray on the lens assembly itself. You do not want to get WD-40 on the glass part of the lens itelf. Here is how you do it:
1. Turn on the camera and let the mechanism project the lens out as best as possible. You may help it out with your finger-nail at front slowly pulling at the lens. Do not use force. If you can only get it half out, then that should be fine too. It will probably beep at you and turn off again. That's okay.
2. Take a sheet of paper and spray some WD-40 on the edge of the paper.
3. Gently apply the sprayed part of the paper around the lens between each of the lens cylinders (where it telescopes out.) You want to trickle tiny bits of WD-40 into the mechanism.
4. Turn on the camera and do step 1. again. It may now already work a little better now.
5. Do step 2, 3 and 4 again and maybe one more time until you have lubed up the mechanism well enough to the moving parts nice and slippery.
6. Use your good judgement. Turn on and off the camera until you notice that your camera lens mechanism no longer gets stuck.
I did this about a month ago with my NV10 and it still works like new.
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
have you tried different types of batteries? just try the occasional lithium battery and if it still doesnt work, try alkaline battery.
i can say that the beep 4 times means that it has something to do with the power.
hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 24, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Samsung NV10 heeelp!Pleeease
Not sure about the battery... that could be it and I haven't tried switching it out for a new one yet, but in the meantime I am getting around this problem my grabbing the lens with my fingers and "helping" come all the way out... just give it a little pull, a little encouragement and it will come all the way out... but the trick is that you have to do it right after you try to turn it on and before you get the beeps...
So if your lens is stuck out right now and the camera is powered off, then turn the camera on and then pull the lens out before you get the beeps... once you give it a little tug, the mechanics should take over and it will extend all the way... the LCD will come on and you'll be good to go...
Like I said, I'm having this problem too and my girlfriend suggested we change the battery... I guess that's possible, that the battery is not holding enough of a charge to push the lens all the way out... I'll investigate how much a new battery costs and then determine if I think its worth a try...
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2010 | Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
Aug 04, 2008 | Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
Jul 10, 2008 | Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
Feb 18, 2008 | Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
Feb 13, 2008 | Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
Jan 20, 2008 | Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
Sep 04, 2007 | Samsung Digimax 420 Digital Camera
Mar 03, 2011 | Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
460 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!