Question about PC Laptops
This can be caused by:
1.The monitor is not connected properly.
2. Bad hardware
Verify that the monitor is properly connected in the back of the monitor as well as to the back of the computer.
If the connections are OK it means that monitor or the video card is probably damaged. To test which component is dameged connect a different monitor to your computer or connect your monitor to a different computer.
If the other monitor works on your computer it means that your monitor is bad and if your monitor works on another computer it means that you probably have a damaged video card.
The solution to your problem is probably not the monitor, follow these steps:
1. Connect and boot your computer with 2 different monitors.
2. If it does'nt work with either of them the problem is from another computer component.
1. Your video card may be damaged or moved from it's slot.
2. Your proccessor may be damaged.
1. If you have computer hardware knowledge open the case
2. Remove the Video card.
3. Insert it back or insert another video card from a friend.(if it works with your friends card, obviously the video card is the problem)
4. Restart your computer and see if it works.
Now if it does'nt work after that you will have to replace your proccessor with one that works, from a friend, because you say your computer boots but if your monitor doesn't work you don't know for sure if it boots corectly.
The steps above are only for people with hardware knowledge, if that is not your case you should contact a computer service.
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2010 | Toshiba TE2100 Notebook
Nov 09, 2009 | Toshiba TE2100 Notebook
May 06, 2009 | Toshiba TE2100 Notebook
Apr 07, 2009 | Toshiba TE2100 Notebook
Sep 02, 2008 | Toshiba TE2100 Notebook
Aug 20, 2008 | Toshiba TE2100 Notebook
Mar 29, 2008 | Toshiba TE2100 Notebook
Oct 26, 2016 | BenQ PC Laptops
237 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!