- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. insert the DVD given with mac book pro
3. before rebooting (restart musical cord) press alt (option) key, when the display appears
4. now you have to select which source disk you wish to start
5. must select the DVD you were insert
Click the "Start" menu on your computer and choose "Accessories." Click "System Tools" and choose "Back up" from the list. This process will back up any files on your computer that you wish. When you reset your HP to its default settings, all documents, programs and other files on your computer will be lost. Back up anything you may need later. Follow the on-screen instructions to move through the back-up wizard. When given the option "Let me choose what to back up," select all programs or documents you want to save. If you're unsure whether you'll need it, back it up just in case. Insert a blank CD or DVD to save your files. Choose your CD drive from the "Back up location" option in the backup wizard. Keep multiple blank CDs or DVDs on hand. You'll need a lot of space, and typically several CD's, to back up all your information. Click "Finish" at the end of the back-up wizard and it will begin to burn information to the CD or DVD. When prompted, remove the CD and insert a new one. Continue until the computer is done backing up your information. Label each CD or DVD in the order you burn it. This way you can transfer your information back into the computer in the order you saved it. Check your CDs or DVDs to make sure the back up was complete by opening a file from the CD. Exit any open programs. You are now ready to start the restoration process. Click the "Start" menu, "All Programs," "System Recovery," and choose "PC Recovery." Choose "PC Recovery" again once the menu opens and click "Next." Your computer will restart automatically. When it turns back on, a welcome message for the PC Recovery software will display on screen. Click "OK." Select the "System Recovery" option to restore the computer to its default settings. Follow any on-screen instructions and wait for the computer to finish resetting your settings to the default. Insert your first back-up CD or DVD to start reinstalling your programs after boot-up. Open the files and save them to the computer. After you've saved everything from the first CD, continue on with the rest. Hope this helps.
you need to log in to the bios once you have restarted the pc either by pressing f2 or del button thenlocate where the boot option is to change it to hard disk then cd drive etc then press f10 to save the settings and restart to try again if it will boot
1. External USB DvD Drive; Can be purchased from local retailer 2. Your Asus Eee PC Restore Disk; This should have come with your netbook. You can order an additional disk by calling Asus, 888- 678-3688.
3. Once you have the above items be sure all your photos, music, documents, data etc. are backed up to a flash drive or dvd. A factory restore of an Asus netbook will ERASE all personal data on the hard drive. You must back up the data on another device in order to preserve it!
4. Connect the external DvD drive to your netbook and insert the Asus Eee PC Restore Disk.
5. Restart the netbook and boot from CD (usually the default key to boot from CD is F12).
6. Follow the onscreen instructions that are on the restore disk.
7. After installation of all software, update windows and reinstall all your necessary software.
Hi, To restore your laptop you need the restore cd/dvd that came with your laptop when you bought it. Please be adviced that restoring your laptop will cause you to lose all your data. Backup any data you would like to keep, to an externad drive or usb.
To restore your laptop do the following: Insert the restore cd in your cd/dvd drive and restart your computer. When you see the message "Press any key to boot from cd" press enter. Then follow the on screen instructions to restore your laptop.
You will need the restore cds that came with your laptop. Insert the restore cd in your dvd drive and restart your computer. When the message "Press any key to boot from cd" press enter.
Then follow the on screen instructions to restore your computer.
To restore the laptop you will need to have the restore cd that came with it.
If you do have the cd with you, then insert the restore cd in you dvd drive and restart your laptop. When the message "Press any key to boot from dvd" appear press enter and then follow the on screen instructions.
If you don't have the discs, then you can follow the steps below:
Click Start , and then click All Programs .
Click Compaq and then click Compaq PC Recovery CD Creator to start the program.
Click Compaq , click Compaq PC Tools , and then click Recovery CD Creator
Follow the on screen instruction to create your restore disks.
To restore your laptop you need the restore cd/dvd that came with your laptop when you bought it.
Please be adviced that restoring your laptop will cause you to lose all your data. Backup any data you would like to keep, to an externad drive or usb.
To restore your laptop do the following:
Insert the restore cd in your cd/dvd drive and restart your computer.
When you see the message "Press any key to boot from cd" press enter.
Then follow the on screen instructions to restore your laptop.
You need to connect an external DVD & insert your dvd disc, that came with your unit, set it up in BIOS to "Boot from DVD" and restart the PC, when it Boots off the DVD simply follow the instructions to completely reinstall your Operating System.
"Step 4 - Re-installing your software
Call the help desk and ask them to guide you through the
Please have your Recovery CDs to hand when you call
the Easy Repair line.
Once you have completed the ExtHS process you will
need to re-install Windows and the other software supplied
with your Packard Bell computer. To do this follow the
1. Disconnect all peripheral devices (web cam, printer,
scanner, broadband modem etc.).
2. Insert the Packard Bell Master CD 1 / DVD in the top
CD / DVD drive and restart your computer.
3. The CD will load and display the following message:
Please refer to the section headed Packard Bell
Recovery Program in your user’s guide for instructions
on this utility. Press OK if you want to continue
or Cancel to return to DOS.
4. Press the letter O on your keyboard to continue.
5. You will see a menu with options. Please select option 1
“Standard System Restore” by pressing the 1 key on
6. A warning message about data loss will be displayed.
Press the letter O to continue.
7. The process will take around 40 minutes. Once this is
done you will need to restart your PC. Remove the CDs
and store them in a safe place.
8. If there was a Software Library DVD supplied with your
PC you can use this to install the extra software that was
supplied with your computer. Insert this into the drive
and follow the onscreen instructions.
9. Finally, you will need to install any additional devices
(web cam, printer, etc.) and software by following the
instructions supplied with them."