Question about Altec Lansing ADA 885 Computer Speakers
Volume/bass/treble volumes will not stay up.If I turn up with volume control knob,all will revert back to low ..Automatically..Please help..Dennis
If you are a technically skilled person
simply clean all the IC(chip) leads, by using a blower or using a painting small brush
the dust come in contact with the other pins that make this problem
Posted on Jan 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dismantling Altec Lansing VS 2221 speakers to clean the switch/volume control
Tools: a medium Phillips screwdriver, a craft knife & a can of CO contact cleaner & extension.
1. Remove switch/volume control knob by pulling it off
2. Pull out the base for the stand if attached
3. Unscrew the 2 screws beside the wires
4. Remove the front gauze by prising it out from one of the bottom corners. Keep the gauze straight as it will need to be put back from the bottom to the top.
5. Remove the 2 screws at the top and the 4 long screws holding the speaker. The back will come apart from the front and sides. If it has been glued then use the craft knife to carefully cut the back away from the sides and/or prise it away with a little pressure on the sides.
6. Attach the extension to the can of contact cleaner.
7. Lift the circuit board out and squirt only the switch/volume control. Ensure you squirt the shaft and the internal parts of the switch/volume control. Turn the shaft a few times.
8. Allow the contact cleaner at least 1 hour to dry.
9. Test the speakers. If the noise is still there then repeat steps 6-9.
10. To assemble the speaker do the steps 1-5 in the opposite order.
I hope this is helpful
Jan 26, 2010 | Altec Lansing VS2221 Computer Speakers
Sep 10, 2009 | Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer Speakers
Jun 28, 2009 | Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer Speakers
Apr 30, 2008 | Computer Speakers
Jan 22, 2007 | Altec Lansing MX5020 Computer Speakers
Dec 18, 2006 | Altec Lansing VS2221 Computer Speakers
294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: