Downloading cd/album cover to ipod when downloading the music
Hi! My problem is 2 fold. First, when I'm downloading my cd music onto my new ipod in itunes, the album cover is not also downloaded to the ipod. I'm only seeing the music note (black and white), not the artists cover. On my ipod I can see a display of the cover flow if downloaded properly.... how do I successfully execute this????
Second, some of the cd's, after I've downloaded, are coming up without any of the cd info. For example, I'm only seeing TRACK 1 , TRACK 2, TRACK 3 etc.... and UNKNOWN ARTIST. What am i doing wrong?
Thanks so much.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Step 1: an itunes account ? b> An iPod is a portable media player that lets users listen to music wherever they are. Before you can listen to songs on the iPod, you must first put music onto the device. If you have been using different MP3 players in the past, adding music to an iPod can be slightly confusing. The reason for this is that iPods are not compatible with Windows Media Player, Real Player or Winamp. By using iTunes, however, you can add music to any iPod.
• Open iTunes. • 2 Add music to iTunes. To do this, click "File." Choose "Add Folder to Library." Then, find the folder on your computer that holds the music you wish to put onto the iPod. Highlight that folder and click "OK." The music will be put into the iTunes Library. • • 3 Plug the iPod into the computer. After a few seconds, you will see the iPod listed under "Devices" on the left-hand side of iTunes. • 4 Click "Music" under the "Library" option on the left-hand side of iTunes. All of the music files in the iTunes Library will then be shown in the middle of iTunes. • 5 Double-click the album that contains the music you want to put onto the iPod. The songs on that album will then be listed. • 6 Highlight the song you want to add to the iPod. • 7 Drag that file over to the name of your iPod located under "Devices" (as mentioned in Step 3). The song will then be placed onto the iPod. Do this for all of the music you want to put onto the iPod. • 8 Click the "All Albums" button at the top of iTunes to get back to the list of albums on the iTunes Library. • 9 Repeat Steps 5-7 until you are done putting music on the iPod. • 10 Disconnect the player when you are done.
You can't "backwards sync" (put music from your iPod back onto your computer) through iTunes. When you went to sync after you got your fixed computer back, I'm assuming iTunes tried to copy what was in iTunes (nothing) to your iPod, which probably is what caused these problems.
Assuming you still have the music on your iPod, I would recommend transferring the music from your iPod back to your computer (to a folder other than iTunes), restoring your iPod to factory settings, then moving all of the music files into iTunes and re-syncing your iPod.
There are two programs that are available to transfer songs from your
iPod back onto your computer. The first is iDump and the second is
YamiPod. I have found that iDump is the better of the two.
The link for iDump is: iDump
Hi, your ipod displaying data and not playing might be because you did not transfer the music properly or the format of the music does not play on an ipod.
You will need a converter to help you convert songs into an ipod format. Download from the below link:
You can follow the instruction below to know how to transfer music into an ipod.::
Most common problem for new ipod user is how to put music onto ipod. So I created this ipod tips to solve this problem. Windows media player is not able to upload songs to ipod. You must use Apple iTunes to get music onto your iPod. Windows Media Player can see the iPod as a hard disk. But not able to copy upload music from pc to ipod.
The steps to put music onto an Apple iPod with itune. When you plug ipod to your pc first time through USB, you might get this pop up message. If you have already installed itune .
You need to restart your computer to install ipod and then the next time you start up, your iPod will not generate any messages of this nature. You need to install itune on your computer if you have not installed itune. You can simply go to apple.com/itunes to download the latest version. It also comes with ipod CD. The next step is to launch the iTunes program. And it will recognize the ipod that you have plugged in
It shows one message to give name to ipod, You can stick with the default name for your device or give name to ipod. I also uncheck "automatically update music" because I like to control what happens to my iPod manually. When you're done with this configuration step, click "Next" : register your iPod, or just click "Finish".
Now, finally, you can see iTunes and also your ipod inside your itune: Click on whatever name you've given to your own iPod, and you'll see your music list, which is completely blank:
Now click on the "Library" link on the left column and you'll see what albums or music you've copied into your iTunes library. Or click on the "Browse" button on the top right (it looks like an all-seeing eye) and a new panel will show up with lists of songs, artists and albums.
Now select the song you want to put on to your ipod. then dragging and dropping that onto the name of the iPod on the left side panel of your itune. Now your song are copied to ipod.
1. Pull out your CDs and start downloading. CDs can be used to download your favorite music from the past. You can search the titles on the back of the CD cover and choose the track numbers you want added to your iPod. Simply attach your iPod to your computer, wait until the iTunes program has appeared and add the music to your library and play list. 2. Use the iTunes store. The great thing about the iTunes store is that it is easily accessible. You can search by artist name, song title or album. The prices appear right next to the song 3. Find a user-friendly music download program. You can either buy a program and install from the Internet or upload a program from a disc. 4. Use your email. Email is much more than just a way to talk online. If your friend has a few songs that you do not have, tell them to email it to you. You can download the music from your email account. Save the songs on your desktop or in a file folder and click and drag the music into iTunes. You will only have to wait a short time for the conversion process! 5. Transfer iTunes libraries from another iPod. If your iPod is fairly new and you don?t have any great music, simply borrow your friend?s music by plugging in your iPod to their iTunes library. A pop up window will appear, asking if you want to use the current library. Simply agree to use the iTunes library and you will have all of their music in a matter of minutes.
Hi there, the problem comes from the tags attached to your media files. You must tag your files with the appropriate cover art for them to appear correctly. There is an application available for free that can do this for you: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html
Once you have installed it, run the program. In the program, click File/Change Directory Select the folder in which you've got your music files and it will open the folder up for analysis. Preferably, you should group your songs by album to make the process easier for you. You select the songs from the list( for multiple songs, hold Ctrl while selecting) and then click on Tag Sources/Amazon.com or any other present website and use the search engine to find the appropriate album for the songs. Note that you can not search for multiple albums at the same time. Tags can be done per album. Hope this helps, Regards
You need to use itunes as your music management software and ipod management software. You can download the latest itunes version at www.apple.com/itunes.
From here you can purchase items through the itunes music store, or add your own music by adding files from your computer, or putting a cd in your computer and coppying it into itunes so you can put the songs on your ipod.
are you trying to copy music onto a cd disk or onto your ipod. If you are trying to copy music onto your ipod, you will have to clear the ipod of the music that was loaded onto it previously, because it will not detect your new settings on your laptop. An easy way to do this is copy over your itunes music folder onto cd/dvd from your old computer and paste the music into your itunes music folder on your laptop. When you open itunes go to file, import file, and choose your itunes music folder. (If it hasn't aready automatically picked the music up). This will put all of your music back into the itunes library. You will then need to create another playlist for your ipod. Reset your ipod in itunes mode and upload your new playlist onto it. If you have vista on your laptop then you may need to download the lastest version of itunes. You can do that by going here> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
I hope this helps