Question about Sony Ericsson Walkman W810i Cellular Phone
A great deal has been written about this subject on the various web forums. My wife had this phone and had a 'operation failed' dialogue appear as she tried to access SMS. So how did I fix it;
1. Find your USB phone cable
2. Back up your contacts onto SIM then phone content onto memory card
3. Go to the SE website and download the software update program
4. Follow these instructions carefully - this will either update your phone software or inform you that you have the latest version
5. Master reset your phone
6. You should be up-and-running
7. If not call SE 08705 237 237 (office hours) and request a repalcement
8. or call your network provider and get no help at all
9. Go into your original place of purchase and request a repalcement.
NOTE - Everyone is aware of this problem - so do not get fobbed off with the - "I have never seen this before line- to get rid of you"
Hope this helps
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
You Need To Master Reset Your Phone, Mine Did It.. Although It Said I Would Loose All My Contact Ect.. But I Didnt, I Didnt Loose Anything =) Good Luck x
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
My phone had the same problem and I fixed it with a software upgrade
Go to www.sonyericsson.com and select where you live. Go to support and update service. You will need to download the update service application and install to your PC. Then follow the instructions to update your phone. You will lose all of your address book and any data saved on the phone memory (messages etc) , so make sure you have these saved seperatly.
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
i took my phone into my customer care for my service provider and they did a software upgrade that was free. all my contacts where wiped out and any info that wasnt on my memory card but i havent had a problem since (touch wood)
Posted on Mar 23, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2011 | Sony Ericsson MAS-100 Active Speaker...
Feb 15, 2011 | Sony Ericsson W910i Cellular Phone
Sep 14, 2009 | Sony Ericsson K800i Cellular Phone
Apr 20, 2009 | Sony Ericsson W910i Cellular Phone
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: