1. Start Device Manager. 2. On the Action menu, click Scan for New Hardware. If this does not resolve the issue, you have to restart the computer. In some cases you must use Device Manager to disable then re-enable the device to get it to recover from this unresponsive condition
if its phyiscally damaged
you can just by a pci usb card for pretty cheap and just have more ports
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you format your computer/laptop you have to re-install the t drivers
right click computer icon go into device manager and you will see all the drivers he pc or laptop
if there are yellow triangles next to a hardware device it means there is no driver for it if you are connected to the net click on the hardware and then right click it and choose update it will search the internet for your driver download it and install it
uninstall the driver corrupted, and reinstall the new driver update from the website computer supply, and reinstall , and proceed according.However you can RESTORE the computer to some date was working GOOD, go to control panel and look for Restore system icon.God bless you
Make sure that USB drivers are installed. Check under Device Manager. If not, reinstall it. If after reinstalling and the ports are not still working, I suggest that you reformat your computer and that should solve the problem.
There are a few toys and devices made in China that deadshort the USB terminals. I hope you have not bought and installed one of these. I had 2 in the shop a year ago with some Dora Explorer usb toy that toasted the usb once installed. If you have bought and installed something about the same time as the usb stopped working you will need to call the company that made the device and demand they replace your motherboard.
1. goto desktop, right click on my computer and press manage.
2. goto the device manager, find the usb devices / ports.
3. Make sure you are useing a ps2 mouse / keyboard since if your mouse/keyboard is connected to usb they will stop working untill your pc is restarted and the devices are reinstalled.
4. Uninstall all usb devices.
5. after all usb devices are uninstalled reboot the pc.
If the problem is with your drivers ( your pc detects the mp3 player but no drivers found) Download the newest drivers for your product and operateing system from the vendors website.