Need directions on setting up fax for Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One
Hi..I have never used the fax on my printer because I never needed it. Well, now I need it and do not know how to set this up. Can someone tell me step by step what to do? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello, to clean click on start, then click on printer & faxes, then double click the icon Epson CX4800, until it opens. You will see the printing que. Click on printing preferences then select the maintenance tab.
See below., and hope it helps.
Good Luck :0) HERE ARE 2 DIAGRAMS.
CX4800 is an all-in-one printer copier, scanner, printer at one. It's unfortunate that CX4800 doesn't have any fax capabilities. Epson has variety of All-in-one printers that has fax function such as CX9400F, CX9475F, CX5800F and CX7000F.
If you have future concern feel free to contact us again. Thank you so much.
One possible solution that we can advice is to do a complete trash & reinstallation of printer driver as well as the scanner driver.
For iMac with Leopard, there is a big possibility that the printer driver is not the correct epson series printer driver that's why you can't ink levels is unavailable. Just to set an expectation, printer driver for CX4800 is pre-installed as resident driver in Leopard. Please try to the following to solve that issue:
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window, click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the correct driver.
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by clicking on the minus (-) button under the list of printers. Click OK to confirm the removal.
3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
4. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
5. Turn on the printer. The system should add the printer automatically.
6. If the system does not add the printer or if it adds it using the Gutenprint driver, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Leopard.
NOTE: To check ink levels, click the Utility button, then click EPSON StatusMonitor. The Supply Levels button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.