- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
HOW TO DO A MASTER RESET ON A SIDEKICK 3
NOTE: Performing this will restore your device back to factory defaults, meaning you'll loose everything on your sidekick!
1. Remove the battery and the SIM card from the device.
2. Flip the sidekick open; press and hold the letter 'r' on the keypad.
3. While holding the letter 'r', place the battery back in the device. DO NOT INSERT THE SIM CARD YET.
4. The sidekick will restart itself twice. Please make sure not to let the letter 'r' go until it has fully rebooted.
5. Once it has fully rebooted, remove the battery, re-insert the SIM card and battery and power up the device.
6. Once the device has fully rebooted, all prior information should be erased from the device and it should be restored back to the default factory settings.
Emulating a Hard Reset The Sidekick 3 now will commit memory-resident DataStores to flash memory when the device is powered down or rebooted normally. This greatly reduces the incidence of "hard reset" resyncing of the device which enhances user experience, however it makes it more difficult for developers to test this functionality on the device.
You can simulate a hard reset on the device two ways:
1) Yank the battery out of the device without shutting it down. This will force a hard reset of the device, but it's not recommended as this can also potentially corrupt files on the miniSD card if they're being written when this happens.
2) (recommended) Follow the steps below to clear the datastores off and simulate a hard reset: - Reboot the device by pressing @+1+0 - IMMEDIATELY press and hold the 'R' key on the keyboard. Continue to hold the 'R' key down - The device will reboot, and when the initial boot screen (the 4 face buttons animation shows) displays, the screen will clear and the device will reboot again. - Let go of the 'R' key at this point, and the device will reboot with no datastores, and force a resync.
Want to clear out info on your Sidekick info (ie: to sell yours)?
1) Remove your sim card
2) From the jump screen: Menu -> Settings -> System Info
3) Press Menu+Shift+X Select OK to clear the flash.
4) Press Menu+Shift+R Select OK to clear the login information.
5) Perform a hard reset now. This will reboot the device. To perform a hard reset:
SK2 - Press the power button and reset button at the same time. Unit
will vibrate when reset. You can use a paper clip or similiar to hit
the reset button located behind the screen.
SK3 - remove the battery while the device is on.
6) Call your carrier and ask them to detach your device IMEI from the
username locked in. Once that is done, hard reset without your SIM card