Question about Kenmore 24932 Top Load Washer
How do i get the bleach dispenser hose so i can replace it
To access the bleach dispenser hose you will need to remove the outside casing of your washing machine. Follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the machine first.
2. Remove the console. You will have one of two types of consoles with two separate methods of removal.
a. The first type is a matter of removing the two end caps of the console by lifting up on the end cap from back behind the console and pulling towards you. The cap should just pop off. There will be a groove present on the top rear that you can gently pry with a screwdriver if you can't remove by hand. You will need to remove the philips screw under the end caps and the console will lift up. Be careful not to break the plastic hinges that hold the console in place. You can lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel in a resting position.
b. The second type of console (usually found on some of the newer models) has a retaining clip under each end cap at the front corners. You will need to carefully slide a putty knife between the end cap and top of the machine from the front. Push in to release the retaining clip and lift up. This may be a little tricky trying to get both ends to release together. The console lifts up in the same manner as described before. Again, be careful not to break the plastic hinges that hold the console on.
3. You will find two brass colored clips under the console. Place a flat blade screwdriver in the clip groove on the washer top and push away from you. This will release the retaining clip that holds the case to the back of the machine. Remember how they came off, because you will need to put them back in.
4. Disconnect the lid switch plug from the connector. This is a white plug that is mounted physically to the washer top casing.
5. Lift the lid and place one hand under the front rim of the casing and pull up from the rear towards you. The entire casing should lift off the frame.
6. You should easily be able to access the bleach dispenser hose at this point and make necessary repairs. This is also a good time to inspect the rest of the washer interior and clean underneath.
7. Placing the case back on the frame can be tricky. Lift the lid again and place one hand under the front rim of the casing. Looking down through the lid, place the front of the casing UNDER the frame first and slowly lower the rest to the back. There are two cleats on the frame that must line up with two holes in the casing. Once the casing lines back up on the frame, set it down all the way and pull the back up to meet the casing so you can place the brass retaining clips back in. Place the clips in the groove on the back first, then push down until they snap back into the hole on the washer casing top. You may have to use a little effort to get them back in.
8. Reinstall the console.
I know this seems like a lot, but it is simple if you follow the directions given. Getting the machine case to line back up is the hardest part of the procedure, but you can do it if you take your time. Let me know if you have any further questions. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
For replacement parts - head on over to PartSelect.com or RepairClinic.com and enter in your full model number for a full parts listing.
I recommend both sites because ...
FixYa has no affiliation with either site - I have been using and recommending them for years - trouble free.
PartSelect has a great schematic database for locating the part on your unit and great "testimonials" for each part that often times includes HOW-TO information.
RepairClinic has pictures of each part they sell and also a great how-to and troubleshooting for basic repairs.
If your unit has never been serviced - there should still be an original service manual enclosed in plastic taped to the inside of the shell.
In the service manual are Error codes, maintenance procedures, and troubleshooting steps you can follow.
Anything too complicated or beyond your scope should be handled by a professional.
If you think you want to tackle the repair - and have gotten stuck on a step - reply to your question and I will be glad to help you out.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2014 | Whirlpool 8540063 Washer Hose, Dispenser...
May 04, 2009 | Washing Machines
Nov 24, 2008 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Oct 18, 2008 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Jun 24, 2008 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Apr 07, 2008 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Nov 18, 2007 | Tecnik TKL9260 Front Load Washer
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: