Question about Philips 46PP9302 46" Rear Projection Television
TV plays sound but has NO PICTURE. The screen is totally black and nothing is displayed on screen even from the menu.
The power supply section is not working.
Common possibilities are:
- Convergences amps have failed overloading the supply
- High-voltage section (flyback transformer) has failed
(happens sooner or later, about 8 years typical))
- CRT tube has failed overloading the supply
- Power surge has popped the power input circuit.
(Fuse, rectifier diodes, turn-on relay etc)
- One of a hundred of electrolytic capacitors has failed short overloading the supply. They dry out with age, are cheap to replace, but hard to find which one it is.
- Or any of many other possibilities.
In short, you need a experianced tech to troubleshoot this.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Common problem with the older projection Magnavox TV set. The opto IC chip has failed. Try www.magnavoxhelp.com - They have instructions and kits on their site.
Posted on Jul 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2009 | Philips Magnavox 50ML8105D 50" HDTV DLP TV
Jan 31, 2009 | Philips 50P8341 50" Rear Projection...
Dec 08, 2008 | Philips 60PP9202 60" Rear Projection...
Dec 06, 2008 | Sony KP-53HS30 53" Rear Projection...
Sep 12, 2008 | Philips 60PP9202 60" Rear Projection...
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!