I am writing from Turkey and hoping you will help me on my problem following. My machine gives wrong paper feed message in the zone 2 although there is no paper so. I would be very grateful if you could send your solution. Thank you in advance.
Mr. Oguz ALPINAR
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An user who is expert in 3 categories / brands.
Re: WRONG PAPER FEED
Sounds like the paper size you are using is not set for that type.
If it is Letter you are using make sure you have letter in the tray, and depending on the machine it must also be in the same direction. If it is letter the long way make sure it is in the tray the same way.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i know you stated you put the paper in correctlyin the printer but if the thermal reactive side of the paper is not facing the print head the thermal paper won't print on the wrong side of the paper. it will load into the printer and seem ok but the heat on the wrong side of the paper will not react and show any writing. Can you try turning the paper over in the printer feed holder so the other side of the paper faces the print head and give it another test .
1. Try cleaning the paper feed rollers Instructions how to clean the paper feed rollers. If the paper feed rollers become dirty, they may not be able to properly feed paper due to the feed roller's slippage. If paper does not feed correctly, perform the following to clean the paper feed rollers:
Open the Printers folder.
- For Windows XP Home Edition : Click/Select 'Start,' 'Control Panel,' 'Printers and Other Hardware,' and 'Printers and Faxes.
- For Windows XP Professional Edition : Click 'Start' and 'Printers and Faxes.'
- For Windows Vista : Click 'Start,' 'Control Panel,' 'Hardware and Sound,' and 'Printers.'
- For Windows 2000 : Click/Select 'Start,' and 'Settings,' then 'Printers.'
Right-click the icon of the printer for paper feed roller cleaning, and select 'Properties' from the displayed list.
Click the 'Maintenance' tab and click 'Roller Cleaning'.
Remove all sheets of paper from the rear tray, then click 'OK'.
Confirm the message, and click 'OK'. Note: Clicking 'OK' will activate the paper feed rollers 30 times. This activation will take about 90 seconds. Do not perform other operations until this operation has finished.
Confirm the message, and click 'OK'.
After the continuous paper feeding operations in step 5 have finished, load three sheets of plain paper and click 'OK'.
Confirm the message, and click 'OK'.
Note: “Feed roller cleaning is completed” message is displayed when the paper is fed and ejected.
Your paper feed source is wrong .Go to the printers control panel and change the feed source.
If all you do is 8.5X11 you can go into the maintenance tab and choose it to automatically change paper trays by selectin auto continuous feed.Make sure paper is in both trays of the same type and size.You will hear the printer try and grab the paper three times then it will automatically switch to the next tray.
Pull out paper cassett and look for paper in the feed section. Fold a sheet of paper in half and using the blue lever inside right side door feed paper between feed rollers. Make sure you do the whole width of feed section. There might be a small piece stuck you can't see.