Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Won't read disc read out -- unable to play disc
My x-box will play movies, and music dcs, but it read any games
Posted on Mar 05, 2008
It maybe scratched or then lens may be dirty or i can recommend to take it to a speiacl shop that fixes things.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The problem is that the laser is either dying out, is dirty, or is not getting enough power.
so try to fix it using these steps...
- first open the 360 and pull out the dvd drive and open it up too.
- clean everything out good with compressed air, and q-tips dipped in alcohol.
- now you need to adjust the power going to the laser.Sometimes you may have to try multiple settings before getting it justright. Just keep adjusting the resistance lower and lower until itworks.
- if you tried multiple settings and still get the errors, then either get a replacement drive, or a new laser for it. Click Here for how to properly install the new laser.
- if you get a replacement drive, please not that there is a key in the pcb of the drive that must match the key from the motherboard, so you must either spoof firmware with the key, or swap out the old pcb board and put it in to the new drive.
If you need more dvd drive repair help click here
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Feb 26, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 19, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 15, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 13, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!