Question about Amana PTC153B50AJ Electric Heat Air Conditioner
I have disassembled the control side of my PTC153A50AD. After peering under the backside of the board (the facing side looks fine) I noticed some discoloring... When I removed the board I discovered it was shorted out... in a Big Way. It looked as if someone threw a screwdriver across the terminals. It is under the first large relay(?) from the left, where the most damage is and appears to have emanated from. I have no problem replacing the board,, but it seems to me that something else would have caused the problem in the first place. If so what? If not I will order up the board right away. I don't want to fry a new $140.00 board because of some unknown problem...
Before the replacement of board please check the fallowing:
- Check for loose terminals and re tight.
- Check compressor terminal post if terminal clips are tight.
- Check compressor resistance and terminal to ground resistance. And check your compressor is not stuck up.
- Check indoor and outdoor blower motor if not stuck up by rotating it with your finger, if it rotates freely then its ok.
- Check the resistance of both indoor and outdoor fan motor resistance and line to ground.
- Check your voltage supply if normal.
- Check the compressor and blower motor capacitor if good.
- Check the unit supply wire if not discolored.
- Check the terminal of your circuit breaker if tight.
If all of the above are ok then it is safe to replace your unit with new board
May be poor contact of the said relay may cause the blowing of your board. Volatage fluctuations is also the suspect or damage solder of the board due to heat.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2015 | Amana Air Conditioners
Connect the remote controller cable to
the wired remote controller installation board as shown in the right picture. 12V SIG GND Red wire Yellow wire Black wire 12V SIG GND 4. After fixing the
top part of the remote controller to the installation board as shown in beside picture, press the bottom part to assemble the controller to it's board. When
disassembling the remote controller from the installation board, use the driver as shown in the right picture and insert it into the hole with the arrow. And
when you pull the driver in the front direction, the remote controller will be separated. Wall Side Wall Side ENGLISH Red Yellow Black Remote Controller
Cable ?The remote controller cable is connected as factory default. Wall Side Wall Side 2. After fixing the cable to the guide slot, attach the wired remote
controller installation board at the desired location.
Mar 02, 2015 | LG Air Conditioners
Feb 11, 2015 | Amana Air Conditioners
Jan 23, 2015 | Amana Air Conditioners
Jan 28, 2010 | Air Conditioners
Jan 25, 2010 | GE Zoneline AZ38H12DAD Split System Air...
Oct 24, 2009 | Amana PTH123B25AJ Heat Pump Air...
Sep 13, 2009 | Amana Air Conditioners
Dec 21, 2008 | Amana PTH123B25AJ Heat Pump Air...
295 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: