- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The ONLY AND I REPEAT ONLY way to solve zen and computer recognistion problem is to have THE ORIGINAL INSTALL DISK that came with player.
The only things that will work is
1. Download Utorrent
2. Go to google or yahoo and search Creative (you'r player type ie zen touch, zen mossiac, zen x, etc.etc.) install disk torrent.
3. Try to find the one that is closest to the name of your player (ie. zen touch, mossiac, x) and download the install disk.
4. After the download finishes you should be able to run setup like you have the disk.
I downloaded the install disk torrent and after i finished downloading I simply found the setup file clicked it and installed the neccessary files, and presto my computer recognised my zen touch.
#2 If you can't find a install disk for you perticular player, you should try to see if maybe a friend or someone youknow has a creative mp3 player and ask to borrow there install disk, who knows it just might work for you'r player. Best of luck and I hope this will solve you zen player/computer problem
All of their software is available on their website: http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=213&nRegionFK=&nCountryFK=&nLanguageFK=&sOSName=Windows+XP®ion=1&Product_Name=ZEN+Touch&Product_ID=10274&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=0&x=30&y=16
·1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. you might want to verify that your new player has the latest firmware available, as this might address the unresponsive-button issue you're having. Firmware updates are surprisingly easy - you just download the firmware file from Creative's website, plug in your player, and double-click the downloaded file. It's that easy. All else failes download the recovery tool from creatives website.