No connection with Inter with dir-625 - connection Poep
I try all of the solutions wrote here for the others. But when i go to WAN , click on connect and nothing happen. It even try to connect and reconnect by itself , but still dead no connect. I'm with Bell system. Sympatico.
Any solution for that. Thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: No connection with Inter with dir-625 - connection...
If a single computer is connected directly to the speedstream modem(a model number would be an added help), do you need to sign on with your userID and password that was provided to you by Bell Sympatico? if the answer is a yes you may need to setup PPPoE on your router but if your answer is no, then you may need to check the IP address your computer is getting from the modem if it's a private IP(192.168.x.x or 10.10.x.x) that means your speedstream modem is set to PPPoE, check if your router has the similar IP address as your modem, compare the default gateway address your computer is getting when connected directly to the modem and when connected to the router if they have the same segment like 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x your required to change the IP address on one of the device, my suggestion is to change it on the router then make sure you connection type is set to obtain IP address automatically(DHCP) or something like that and check if your router will get an IP from the speedstream modem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Newer telus modems tend to be wireless. If your telus modem is wireless, then you want to forget the DIR-625 all together and simply connect your computers to the telus modem.
If you have a standard telus modem, you will want to connect a LAN cable from the modem to the WAN port on the router and then connect your devices to the router. Please come back and vote or leave some feedback, it will let me know whether it helped so I can improve and it will encourage me to keep on helping. Thanks, Pat
Try to reset the router, but press the button for about 20-30 seconds. Connect it to the computer, make the wan settings, enable the wireless mode, make the settings for the wlan network(you could encrypt your network, or filter the ips you want to connect to your network)
you may need to reset the router and reconfigure the settings. please follow the steps below if you have a username and pw from sympatico.
1. Press the reset button for 30 seconds 2. Plug the modem to the internet port of the router. Check the internight light if lit; otherwise, use another known working cable. 3. Plug the PCs to the numbered port at the back of the router. Check the lights on the port number if lit; otherwise, use another known working cable. 4. Open a web browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 and press Enter. When the login window appears, set the user name to Admin and leave the password box empty. Click Log In to continue. 5. Click on manual configuration when prompted. 6. Select PPPoE on My Internet Connection and enter the username and password provided by Sympatico. Select Dynamic IP and Always ON options. Click Save Settings. 7. Click on Status tab and verify WAN status if connected. You should see WAN IP address when connected. 8. Try to open a browser and verify your connection.
1) First you need to check if the router is blocking mac address. Login to the DIR-625 by typing 192.168.0.1 on the address bar of IE.
Use admin for username and leave password blank or type in your password.
Go to Advance Tap, on the left click on Network Filter. Select Turn Off Mac filtering, click on save settings. wait for your to reboot. If that doesn work try option tow below.
2) What you need to do is Upgrade to the latest firmware on your router (Resolves 99% of all problems). Make sure you download the right firmware for there are two version of the DIR-625 ( Rev. A & Rev. C).
You'll also need to make sure you have the latest driver for the adapter since you have a newer computer.
The vista is wireless? Right click the computer icon on the bottom right hand>click connect to a network>then click network and hit connect if its secure it will ask you for the security if not just click connect anyway.