Question about Propellerhead Rebirth 2.0.1 (us920039) for PC, Mac
I have the latest complete version of Rebirth, but I cannot run it on Vista.Any suggestions?
Rebirth running on Vista - Solved !!!!!!!!
I'm running Vista Home Premium and have an old CD of Propellorhead Rebirth which I have not been able to run at all.
The answer is surprisingly simple.
1. Install as normal from the CD and leave the CD in the drive
2. Find the Rebirth folder in the 'C/Programs' directory
3. Find one of the demo songs in the installed program and create a shortcut of the demo song onto the desktop.
4. Double click the Demo song icon.
5. I am successfully running Rebirth on Vista by opening the program through the demo song
6. In addition, try right clicking the Rebirth desktop icon, then 'Properties' - 'Compatibility'
7. You should have an option for selecting XP compatibility from the drop down list of upgrade service packs. This made no difference to my situation, but may help others.
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
Actually, you CAN get it to work by downloading Winhlp32.exe from Microsoft.com. It's the old XP help file viewer. Look up "Windows help vista" to find it.
Posted on May 07, 2008
Still won't work, still doing the weird benchmark test thing where it keeps prompting you and when you click cancel or close the program ends
Posted on May 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 31, 2011 | IMSI Visual CADD 4.0 Full Version for PC
If the program is not compatible, then you may try to install and run the program in compatibility mode.
Use the following steps:
1) Right click on the Program
2) Click on Properties
3) Click on Compatibility tab
Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows Vista or
whatever operating system the program was running successfully.
Refer to the link here: Make older programs run in this version of Windows
If the compatibility is not successful, then try and runthe Program Compatibility troubleshooter:
1. Open the Program Compatibility troubleshooter by clicking theStart button.
Then click Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then clickTroubleshooting. Under Programs, clickRun programs made for previous versions of Windows.
2. Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.
you cannot install a program, insert the installation disc for the
program and, using the troubleshooter, browse to the program's setup
file, usually called Setup.exe, Install.exe, or something similar. The
troubleshooter is not designed to work on programs that have an .msi
file name extension.
If you run Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate version, install Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP mode (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx) and execute your software in Windows XP.
If you run Windows 7 Home Premium, try VirtualBox (www.virtualbox.org) or VMware Player (www.vmware.com) and install a separate copy of Windows XP (either Home Edition or Professional) for that purpose.You can find virtualization software free of charge that will run on Windows 7 Home Premium.
Hope this helps.
Oct 28, 2010 | MGI Software PhotoSuite 3 for PC
Apr 01, 2010 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum Version 18
Apr 01, 2010 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
Apr 01, 2010 | The Learning Company The Print Shop...
Jan 29, 2010 | Steinberg Nuendo 3 for PC
Nov 01, 2009 | Propellerhead Rebirth 2.0.1 (us920039) for...
Mar 01, 2009 | Roxio Easy Media Creator 7
Nov 08, 2008 | Adobe PageMaker Plus 6.5 for PC
Jan 21, 2008 | Propellerhead ReBirth (Virtual...
7,449 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: