I have 2 of these units and now both aren't functioning. On one unit, the base isn't working ( only the message ''welcome.. please wait'' displays then flashes and goes no further except briefly lighting up the menu when I press and hold one of the function buttons ) on the other, the handset microphone isn't working properly and the person I'm calling can't hear what I'm saying unless I yell loudly. Even then they can only hear me as a whisper. I'd be able to deregister the handset of the unit with the base that's not working and use it with the other phone but the handset can't connect with its base while the base keeps flashing the intro message.
These are great phones and it's annoying to have 2 that aren't working like this. Hope you can help. Thanks so much
Press and hold "end" and "#" for more than 5 seconds this will de-register your handset without the base unit. Bobby@welleasy.com see for more info. http://www.uniden.com.au/RESOURCES_MAIN/pdfs/ELITE8805_OM.pdf
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Welcome to Fixya Support I am Michelle, and i will be assisting you regarding the issue
please take out the print cartridge
wait for the insert cartridge message to appear
unplug the power cord
wait for 2-3 minutes
please clean the golden contacts of the carriage with a cotton swab dipped in little acohol.
plug the power cord back in
turn the unit on and reinsert the cartridiges
If “No link to base. Move closer to base, try again.” is displayed
even when using the handset near the base unit, the handset may have lost communication with the base unit. You need to re-register the handset to the base unit.
• Make sure the base unit is not being used.
• Have both handsets and base unit nearby during registration.
• Follow steps 1–3 listed below. You have about 1 minute to complete them.
• Confirm the extension number of the handset which has lost the communication by placing the handset on the base unit or charger.
If you re-register the handset using the other handset’s extension number, the other handset will not function.
• If the handset beeps 3 times and “Error!!” is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1.
• You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] on the base unit.
1 Base unit: Press and hold [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] until a beep sounds.
• The CHARGE indicator flashes.
2 Base unit: Press the extension number  (handset symbol 1 ) or  (handset symbol 2) of the
handset which has lost the communication.
3 Handset: Press and hold [FLASH/CALL WAIT] until “Handset Registering” is displayed.
• When registration is complete, a beep sounds from the handset and the display shows the number. • Wait for 20 seconds after registration is complete while the handset establishes communication with the base unit.
• If the handset beeps 3 times and “Error!!” is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1. • You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] on the base unit.
I resolved this problem by unplugging the unit for a few seconds, waiting for the system to reset, then pushing the reset button, and waiting for the system to reset a second time. After that, the phone worked perfectly again.