I hate to say this but it is more than likely shorted out. Water and electrical componets dont like each other. The best thing i can say if your up to it take it appart and clean it. If your lucky it just might boot up.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
With the older Compaq Armada E500 Notebook PC, I believe;
1) Remove the CMOS battery.
2) Leave it out for 30 minutes.
3) Press the Power On button, and hold it for a count of 10 seconds. Let go of the Power On button.
Press it again. If the Power On light comes on, hold the Power On button in, until the light goes out. Keep pressing, and holding the Power On button in, until the Power On LED light does Not come on anymore.
Reinstall the CMOS battery. WAIT 1 minute, turn the laptop on.
If this doesn't do it, there is a capacitor inside the laptop keeping residual power. There may be two copper pads that are briefly touched across, to dissipate this residual power.
Perform the removal of the CMOS battery first. If this doesn't work I'll try to find info on the copper pads. (They are usually under the Wireless Card, and a small piece of Mylar plastic sheet)
From your description it seems the battery hasn't been charged right, so there maybe something wrong with the battery or laptop.
First, do a clean to the your Compaq Armada M700 battery and the connection chip on your laptop, then to see if there is something get better.
When you charge you laptop, there will be a lights to note the state, do you have noticed?
Else if your Compaq laptop battery are used for 2 years please try a new one
Please turn off the Computer and disconnect the AC Adaptor then remove the Battery. Next, try cleaning the metal contacts on the Battery and reseating the RAM modules.Then, connect only AC Adaptor to the Computer and try to turn it ON without the Battery. If the Computer doesn't turn ON then disconnect the AC Adaptor and insert the Battery then try turning ON the Computer. If the issue persists even after performing all the above steps then service will be required.
go into safe mode and there will be an account with no password log in and delete the password on your account my comp wouldnt boot into safe mode so i had to turn it off when the windows loading screen came up hope this helps