Question about Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Both are Microsoft so you are on pretty safe ground
Posted on Dec 13, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Follow the instructions below and it will work.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the
camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and
Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to
see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger
set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the
computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call
setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on
top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.”
And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or
friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and
video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window.
If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display:
You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you
like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers
and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to
first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning
Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working
properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may
appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends.
After you get your camera installed properly, DO NOT unplug it from the USB port as it will
cause the drivers to be corrupt and render the camera unusable till reinstalled it properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
There are currently no windows 7 drivers/softwares available for windows 7 from Labtec.
The only solution is to contact the Labtec support team and ask them to email you the windows 7 compatible software for your camera.
Thank You for using fixya.
Posted on Nov 11, 2009
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Yes - you can download the software from here
Note - you will have to enable .NET from the Windows 7 Control Panel in order to run your cam
Posted on Jul 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2013 | Microsoft Life Cam Vx-700 Webcam
Feb 25, 2011 | Microsoft Life Cam Vx-700 Webcam
Jul 02, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
May 25, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Apr 26, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 14, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
Nov 16, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Nov 11, 2009 | Computers & Internet
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!