Question about Maytag Ovens
Thanks for using FixYa. The other issue might be with the supervisory relay enable which is shorted or sounds alarm and inhibits cook mode if alarm fault monitor is always active in non-cook mode, and requires removal of power until serviced. If still the issue persists, then check the touch pad or clock assembly (ERC). Replace whichever has gone bad. However the touch pad is a more common problem. Please follow these steps to test to determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective---
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Dec 12, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2011 | Maytag 24" Built-In Single Electric Wall...
Feb 12, 2011 | GE 24" Built-in Single Electric Wall Oven...
Feb 01, 2011 | Maytag 24" Built-In Single Gas Wall Oven -...
Jan 23, 2011 | Maytag Ovens
May 26, 2010 | Maytag 30" Built-In Single Electric Wall...
May 22, 2010 | Jenn-Air 27 in. Electric Single Wall Oven...
Jul 17, 2009 | Maytag 24" Built-In Single Gas Wall Oven -...
Jun 01, 2009 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Feb 07, 2009 | Maytag MEW5527B Electric Single Oven
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: