Question about HP PSC 2175 All-In-One InkJet Printer
When starting a printing job to this printer, printer turns on a message on the display asking to clear the paper jam and then press enter. Knowing there is no printing jam, I press enter. The printing job then runs normally and completes with no error. Copy functions on the printer are working O.K. both color and black and white
Couple things to check..
1. make sure you have the settings on the printer set to use the right paper weight.
2. canned air.. blow the crap out of the inside of this thing.. there is a sensor somewhere that detects paper going through the paper path.. IF its got dust or oil or something on it causing it to get stuck then this would cause a constant paper jam error. being that it copys just fine then this is probably unlikely but something to check.
3. firmware update. Here is the link to the firmware update on HP's website. This might be a known issue that is fix with the firmware.
let me know if any of this works. or if you get any different results.
Hope this helps, good luck
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
Did u open the printer and check for paper inside?
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
turn off then on
A critical firmware error has occurred that
caused the processor on the formatter to
abort operation. This type of error can be
caused by invalid print commands, corrupt
data, or invalid operations. In some cases,
electrical noise in the cable can corrupt
data during transmission to the printer.
Other causes include poor-quality parallel
cables, poor-connections, or home-grown
programs. On rare occasions, the formatter
is at fault, which is usually indicated by a 79
1. Turn the printer off then on.
2. Press Stop to clear the print job from
the printer memory.
3. Turn the printer off then on.
4. Try printing a job from a different
software program. If the job prints, go
back to the first program and try
printing a different file. If the message
displays only with a certain software
program or print job, contact the
software vendor for assistance.
5. If the message persists with different
software programs and print jobs,
disconnect all of the cables to the
printer that connect it to the network or
6. Turn the printer off.
7. Remove all memory DIMMs or thirdparty
DIMMs from the printer. (Do not
remove the firmware DIMM.)
8. Remove all EIO devices from the
9. Turn the printer on.
10. If the error no longer exists, install
each DIMM and EIO device one at a
time, making sure to turn the printer
off and on again as you install each
11. Replace a DIMM or EIO device if you
determine that it causes the error.
Aug 08, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
Apr 16, 2011 | HP LaserJet P4014n Printer
Nov 22, 2010 | HP Hewlett Packard LaserJet 3000dn Printer
Apr 26, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
Dec 16, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
Nov 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4100dtn Printer
Oct 22, 2009 | HP LaserJet 5500dtn Color Printer
Jun 16, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4300dtn Printer
Dec 11, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
Oct 07, 2008 | HP DeskJet 5150 InkJet Printer
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: