Question about Price Pfister Home

1 Answer

Have stripped out faucet do i replace it

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 744 Answers

Take the stripped handle to a local hardware or home improvement store.

They may be able to find an after market knob or knobs that will work as a substitute - they usually use set screws to hold the replacement knobs in place.

Posted on Dec 12, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have 2 moen faucets and the 2 piece handles have stripped where the piece screws on. There is a part # 95552 inside the handle.

if you stripped the handles get replacements but if you stripped faucet base will need to replace it

Aug 22, 2018 | Moen Plumbing

1 Answer

Water does not come out of the bathtub faucet, but the rest of the faucets throughout the house are just fine...what is going on... Help...

You need a new faucet. Try popping the cap off the center of knob. Then take the screw out pull knob and lok to see if the insides are stripped out.while handle is off try turning valve with pliers if it works you need a new knob if not bew faucet

Feb 21, 2015 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Knob on outside frost free water faucet turns freely

remove the knob.
it might be stripped out. If not, something is broken inside. turn of the water and disassemble until you find the broken part. If it is not the knob, it might be easier to replace the assembly.

Aug 22, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Turned on hot water faucet and i can't turn it off. I can rotate the faucet knob back and forth but the water won't turn off. Is the valve stuck open because of too much pressure or something...

With no model number, I will assume that you have a two handle faucett assembly, although they are both about the same. Either the knob and/or srew is stripped in thr stem of the knob. Hopefully the screw is just loose. If this is a sink faucet, you should be able to turn the water off to the faucet in your vanity under the sink. If it's a shower faucet, you will probably have to turn water off to the whole house. Any way, you may be able to get away without having to do this now but, I'd find out where the shut off is nad be ready. You should be able to remove the center part of the knob by getting under it with a small screw driver or butter knife. You should see a screw taht hold the knob on. Hopefully you can get this screw out or, by trying to grt it out, turning counter clockwise, you will turn your water off. If you can't get the screw out, you will have to drill it out, remove the handle, and turn the stem counter clockwise to turn off your water. In ant rate, you will orbably have to replace the valve, unless it was just a loose screw.

Jun 17, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

Bathtub faucet knobs for cold hot and shower knobs

If you are looking for replacements, Home depot and Lowes both carry Danco replacement
knobs and stems for many models in the plumbing department as well as remodel kits
for Delta. Hope this helps.

Feb 26, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I have a kitchen faucet that is leaking at the base where the faucet connects to the base. It leaks all the time. Do I need to replace the O rings in the stem of the faucet? Or do I need to replace all...

hi! if tightening the knob(s), (or if you apply pressure on the knob of the faucet,for the models with no thread for open/close), modify the amount of water leaking ,you need to replace the seats in the faucet. if not ,just replacing the o rings should fix your problem.

Feb 20, 2011 | American Standard Kitchen Faucet 6310 020...

2 Answers

I have a very old single valve peerless tub/shower faucet that leaks out the spout when turned off. I removed the knob and there seems to be a plastic part that surrounds the stem and may also serve as a...

im sorry i dont know how to explain step by step what you have to do but i know what you are talking about and its called a diverter. they get stripped out and thats why the spout leaks. they are not difficult to replace depending on the model but some of them have to be sweat apart with a b-tank.

Feb 05, 2011 | Delta Faucet Peerless& Shower Faucet...

1 Answer

Shower faucet just spins... took cap off and when you turn the screw it turns the water on and off ! how do you get screw off!! ??

they are in there a long time and rust soon as u put a screw driver to it itll strip it anyway then what you gonna do,But try to get it out with a screw driver.i have ad to actaually break the plastic knob off to get it replaced sometimes its easier that way..Then you can use a small pair of lock pliers [channel locks] and get a goos grip on the screw with them loosen up as much as u canturn back in ,work it back and forth after awhile itll come loose..a kmob isnt much.

Jan 01, 2010 | Moen 3175 Legend One Handle Shower Faucet...

1 Answer

Compatible replacement handles for Moen Garden Tub faucet

I dont know if moen made chrome handles for that valve back then. If they did then they will probably be lever handles but they wont turn correctly unless you remove the cartridges and turn them. Iwould suggest probably replacing the whole unit.

Apr 20, 2009 | Moen Chateau, Two-Handle Garden Tub Faucet...

1 Answer

I have a franke filtered water faucet and it is leaking

I have a similar problem and while I've gotten further along than you have, I still don't have the complete solution. The little "ceramic" disk that says "Franke" on the knob does come off. It's just well glued on and requires destroying two x-acto blades and putting some large chips in the logo disk to get off. Once you get the disk off you'll discover that the knob requires a special tool to remove. I haven't been able to locate one but usually when you buy a replacement washer/gasket set it will come with the special wrench to remove the fastener from inside the knob. So if you locate a faucet repair kit for that faucet, let me know!

Mar 28, 2009 | Franke Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

1,020 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Price Pfister Home Experts


Level 3 Expert

4356 Answers


Level 2 Expert

125 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5647 Answers

Are you a Price Pfister Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides