Question about Computers & Internet
Access your router settings and change channel type to 3 or 4 or 11.
Then save settings and restart router.
Channel type is very important in wireless signal Above 3 works fine in wireless.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Dec 12, 2009
You have not listed your PC/Laptop and OS Specs here, so i am providing you some generic tips to try resolving this issue
Try the following steps to see if it helps to resolve this issue
1) Try operating your PC/Laptop to bare minimum processes running in background and disable any virus scan or indexing feature running on your machine if you have a windows OS, check how your connection behaves.
2) Does your connection automatically try to connect again after it drops and get connected again, or do you have to manually do a router restart to get it working again, or do a connection repair in windows, both these situations have different set of solution so check if you can provide additional info on this.
3) Try disabling the WPA security feature and see how the connection behaves again, set router network mode to G-only as well as trying
4) Check for any interference of bluetooth devices or microwave or a cordless telephone with the connection.
5) Try changing the wireless security on your router to WPA instead of WEP. Make sure you change the settings on your wireless card also to match the router settings if you are using a laptop.
If the above steps do not help, you may seek replacement from LINKSYS.
Posted on Dec 12, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2011 | Linksys WRT400N Router
Dec 14, 2010 | Linksys WRT120N Router
Aug 16, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 15, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Jan 03, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Aug 29, 2009 | Linksys WRT600N Wireless Router
Jun 25, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Apr 12, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Apr 06, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G VPN router with...
Feb 19, 2009 | Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Routr...
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: