Question about Computers & Internet
If you connect the computer directly to the modem, does it work?
If that works then the modem is working.
Now connect the computer to the router and the modem to the router.
You will need to open the set up page of the router to check the settings of the router.
You can set up the router without the CD also.
It is very easy.
Click Here for step by step instructions about how to set up the router
Posted on Dec 12, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2013 | D-Link DIR601 WirelessN 150 Home Router...
Aug 08, 2012 | D-Link Computers & Internet
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Nov 10, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Oct 11, 2009 | D-Link (DI-711) Router
Jul 23, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Mar 20, 2009 | D-Link DI 713p (DI-713P) Wireless Router
Jul 18, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Mar 18, 2008 | D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless Router
Jul 20, 2018 | Sun Computers & Internet
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!