Follow the instructions below if you run into any configuration problems report back to this site and I will be notified by email.
Scan to E-mail allows a scanned document to be distributed to one or more e-mail addresses. This feature allows e-mails to be sent from the printer directly to an SMTP mail server.NOTE:
This solution assumes Microsoft Internet Explorer is being used as the web browser. Other web browsers may vary. You may need to contact your System Administrator to perform this solution, as it requires knowledge of the network’s email system.
The printer will have to be configured for TCP/IP (IP Address, Subnet Mask, Broadcast Address, Gateway Address). Before you begin, print a System Settings List and make sure the printer has an IP Address and that Internet Services is enabled. See the Related Items
below for additional information.
An e-mail server must be configured properly and running on the network to perform this solution. The IP Address of the e-mail server is required.
- Open an Internet browser window on the workstation.
- Enter the IP Address of the printer in the Address field, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The Internet Services window will be displayed.
- Click on [Properties]. The Properties window will be displayed.
- Click on [Machine Details] from the list on the left side of the window.
- Enter a valid SMTP Compliant e-mail address in the Administrator E-mail Address field.
NOTE: When entering the address the SMTP-compliant format must be used, for example, email@example.com. Any replies to e-mail sent from the printer will go to the address specified in the field.
- Enter a valid SMTP Compliant e-mail address in the Machine E-mail Address field.
- Click on [Apply New Settings].
- If prompted for a user ID and password, enter the administrator user ID and password in the fields provided, and then click [OK].
NOTE: The default user ID and password is admin and are case sensitive.
- Click on the [+] next to the Protocol Settings folder. A list of items will be displayed.
- Click on the [E-mail] link. A list of settings will be displayed on the right side of the window.
- Select the receiving protocol to be used from the Receiving Protocol pull-down menu.
NOTE: Contact your System Administrator for more information regarding the receiving protocol of your e-mail server.
- Enter the IP Address of the POP3 Server in the POP3 Server Address field.
NOTE: There is no option to set a DNS Host Name for the POP3 Server. Contact your System Administrator if you require additional information.
- Enter the username for the POP3 account in the POP User Name field.
- Enter the password for the POP3 user name in the POP User Password field.
- Enter the password again for the POP3 user name in the Confirm Password field.
- Enter the IP Address of the SMTP Server in the SMTP Server Address field.
NOTE: There is no option to set a DNS Host Name for the SMTP Server. Contact your System Administrator if you require additional information.
- Click on [Apply New Settings]. A page will be displayed asking for the printer to be rebooted for the new settings to take effect.
- Click on [Reboot]. A 'Do you want to Reboot?' message will be displayed.
- Click [OK] to continue with the reboot.
- Click on the [X] in the upper, right corner to close the window.