I have Linksys wireless "N" router connected to a AT&T DSL/broadband modem/router. When I attempt to access internet on my desktop (wired connection), I am unable to access the internet. Same for wireless connection to my laptop. I believe everything is connected properly, and I followed the instructions on the set-up disk. Thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: No internet connection
When connecting the devices make sure that you turn on the device in
this manner: modem (wait for the lights to be solid) then router, then
Check if you can get online, if not then follow the steps below:
1. Open a web browser and type this in the address bar: 192.168.1.1
2. Then you will be in the setup page of the router. You need to know what is your connection type obtained from your ISP.
If DHCP, internet connection type should be: Automatic Configuration - DHCP should be selected.
If PPPoE, select PPPoE and type the username and password provided by your ISP.
3. Then save the changes.
that the internet connection is working from the PC hardwired connected
to the router, then check the wireless settings under the wireless tab.
Take note of the SSID, wide channel, and the wireless security and
Put those settings on the wireless adapter of the laptop and you should be able to get online.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your Linksys wireless router needs to be connected to a DSL or cable modem which needs to configured with the settings that your Internet Service Provider gave you. To test your Internet connection connect a LAN cable fron your conputer to the DSL/cable modem. If you cannot connect to the Internet using this methos, you need to contact your ISP and the can check the connection to your DSL/cable modem.
check your wireless router if it is turned on.
see if it is getting a signal from your cable or dsl connection.
you can also connect via cat 5 from your laptop and see if your getting a IP on the WAN.
reset your cable/dsl modem if your not getting any signal or IP address.
Most DSL providers use PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) to establish Internet connections for end-users. To set up a Linksys router, you need to enable PPPoE on the router’s web-based setup page. To setup a Linksys router with a DSL connection you need to perform four steps:
Verifying Internet Connection
Connecting the Devices Together
Checking the LEDs
Setting-up a DSL ISP on a Linksys Router
Verifying Internet Connection Connect the Broadband modem to the computer using an Ethernet cable without the router installed and make sure that the Internet connection is active. If not, contact your Internet Service Provider.
Hi Susie With related to your particular issue it seems like that your broadband modem is not configured for the router. There are basically 2 types of connection. DSL and Cable modem. Verizon, ATT are DSL and comcast other providers give you a normal cable broadband connection. If its comcast make sure the cable from the comcast modem is going to the internet port in the linksys router and also make sure that there is a system connection the linksys router and the cable from the system goes to any of LAN 1, 2, 3 and 4 ports. Then reset your cable modem by using a pin and inserting to the reset hole in the modem. You could use the same step to reset your linksys router as well .If its a verizon or dsl connection you need to put normally your username and password in the router page. here is the link to how to configure linksys for your internet modem. Here is a video as well on it? http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=vSAXMO7aNzg http://tinyurl.com/5tqqhl
Also post the linksys router model. your ISP modem model number and also information on how many systems are wired to the router and wireless and let me know if you need more help.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
your SPA2102-R seems to have one ethernet connection and one internet connection.
your WRT54G-TM seems to have one internet connection and 4 ethernet connections.
What you are trying to achive is; plug a ethernet cable into the ethernet connection on your SPA2102-R then plug the other end into the internet port of the WRT54G-TM
hope this helps, I have assumed that you intend to use a DSL broadband supplier not ADSL.
if you are changing service from DSL to ADSL then your WRT54G-TM needs to be first in line configured and working. then plug the internet port from the SPA2102-R into any of the WRT54G-TM ethernet ports.
Please see my response to this question. Your university's connection is most probably a LAN connection, so you'd need to follow the instructions as if you had a cable internet connection (unlike DSL, a LAN connection and cable internet connection don't require authentication with the ISP).