I have the above washing machine and have done for about 3 years now it has worked perfect up until yesterday when the machine stopped mid cycle (leavinbg the fabric conditioner in the drawer) and now won't turn on we have checked the fuse in the plug etc to no avail. We also have the tumble dryer in this range and I know from past problems that this has a trip switch on it to reset the machine can u tell me if the washing machine also has one of these or any other suggestions would be useful
The model number of the product is LG Direct Drive WM-14225 FD I have had to put a different product code in the box below as mine is not listed on there for some peculiar reason.
I solved my problem ! The machine has a fuse embedied in the circuit board and encased in vibration proof jelly. Nice design guys - good way to rip off your customers ! So. I cut out the jelly to reveal the fuse and soldered a piggy back fuse onto the blown fuse. Job done. Washing machine fixed. Total cost £0.00
(Plumber callout would have been £80. New board £120)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unless you look underneath it will not be easy to confirm but please check the following.:
1. check if the motor has failed, the housing has come off.
2. checckif the belts have failed and brought it off the pulley.
3. check if the main spindle , pulley has come off from the main shaft.
4.check if theere is any foreign material struck in between the tub and outer cover. Checking with manually must confirm.
5. check aftert he above had been looked into to see if any other issues are visible or audible.
Hope these tips helps.
What is the model number????????????????????? As I am working blindly for you! Here are some ideas, until I have the model number.
You said, your washer is a Hotpoint type. When emptying the water it never finishes
all the water. You have to throw the drain pipe on the floor to drain it
I'm searching for answers to your problem with these questions!! 1. How long is the drain pipe and does it have to pump up higher than the machine to reach the drain? As if it is in the basement and the drain pipe above it? In this case you would need an external pump with some machines!
2. Is the water visible in the bottom of the machine when the load is done? Or do you just detect some water left in the hose? There usually is some water left in the hose, but it is not supposed to be visable in the machines tub.
3. I have a Speed Queen washer because this machine can pump the water up above the washer for 7 feet straight up to the drain above! Most machines are not capable to do this!
Hello I got a Bosch ClassXX5 and got the same problem, white clothes seemed Grey and some clothes seemed washed but not perfectly, until I discovered that the washing machine did not heat water anymore; after the end of the wash cycle the clothes were cold as the program was initially setup to 40C°.....
I used to think soaps were not up to the task and changed brand often, sadly a Bosch product letting me down was not on my mind, since that brand for me was above the rest, quality, strong, during in the time, having electric tools from Bosch without any problem for years!
12 to 14 years on an Amana, (speed queen) built is about life on that machine, You need a transmission replacement. major work. You could have the machine rebuilt, which while it is being done, you would need a new belt, pump, brake pads, tub seal plus anything else that is rusted. You would be better off $$$ to replace the machine.