An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: memory card error
On the old Powershot S400, this error was caused by a dead internal "clock" button battery. Fixing it required simply replacing the battery. But before you attempt to do that, would first suggest trying a different memory card.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, If the camera displays Memory card error or No Memory Card when a memory card is inserted or any of the above error messages, make sure that the card is inserted properly. If this is the case, you may wish to Format the memory card in the camera using the Setup Menu option [Format] as shown below. Please be aware that formatting the memory card will remove any images currently stored on the card along with any other data. This can also be caused when images shot with another camera are stored on the memory card. If after formatting the card in the camera the error persists, try another memory card. If this occurs with only the one card it is likely that the memory card is defective, if the error persists over more than one card the camera may require service. If the card appears to be defective you may wish to contact the memory card manufacturer. Thank you!!
Hi there, For few reason camera showing memory card error.
1. Memory card damaged.
2. your memory card finished is life time storage memory.
3 . virus infected.
4. If your memory card storage capacity more than camera support card then its also show to you. For example your camera support maximum 2 GB card, but your try to use more than 2 GB memory card.
I suggest your remove the memory card and scan by updated antivirus. After that, if not working then fomat it and try.
Thanks & waiting for your feedback.
Sounds like the contacts for the cards are dirty. Turn off the camera and remove the batteries before doing the following.
Try taking a piece of card stock (or a manilla folder) and cut it to the size (width only) of your memory card. Fold it to make it thicker. Wet the creased end with rubbing alcohol. Now gently insert the creased end into the memory card slot and move it in and out to clean the contacts. Remove and blow out with a can of compressed air to dry. Let sit a few minutes and then your cards again. You might want to clean their contacts as well with a clean rubber type eraser by gently rubbing the contacts on the cards.
1. see in the specification details of your camera what memory card is compatible for camera. for S630 it is SDHC/MMC/SD card (Up to 4GB Guaranteed). see if you're using memory card within this capacity and type. If you're using a different memory card type and capacity, try to use memorycard that is compatible with your camera.
2. try to use memory card to other devcie like cameras, cellphones and other devices and if it still has error problem, your card may be the one defective. use other cards.
3. try to take pictures without using memory card. use only the internal memory of camera. if camera still display this error meassage, camera needs service.
hope these options solve one of your problems. c",)