Frozen MP3 Player
There's a reset hole by the side of the player. Try reseting it.
It can freeze sometimes, and fix itself after a while. no apparent reason. reset, run the battery down and recharge.
Hope it helps.
this is from the creative site:
The recovery mode consists of these four operations.
* Clean Up: It is the least destructive operation. It scans a player's hard disk and removes any invalid links from the music library. It does not affect music files themselves. It is recommended that you perform "Clean Up" first before formatting or reloading the player's firmware.
It is recommended that you clean up regularly if you frequently transfer files between a PC and your player.
* Format All: It is the same as a Windows format performed in a PC, and consequently all contents will be lost after a format.
* Reload Firmware: Reloads the player's firmware (Operating System). It will also format the player.
Note : It requires the player be connected to a PC that meets the player's minimum system requirement. Select this option ONLY if you have access to a PC and you have downloaded the necessary firmware to install.
* Reboot: Reboots the player. You can reboot the player after performing a clean-up or format, or reboot it without performing neither of them.
It is recommended that you try these operations in the following sequence: reboot the player; clean up and reboot; format and reboot; and finally, reload the player's firmware.
If your player seems to stuck in the recovery (rescue) mode, you can try the "reboot" operation first, and format the player if necessary. If it fails to reboot, you will need to connect the player to a PC, and reinstall its firmware. For a detailed instructions on how to install a player's firmware, please refer to Updating the firmware on a Creative MP3 player, or refer to the Web Release note of the firmware download.
Unlike other hard disk based players, Zen Neeon does not have a rescue mode. Though there is a Player Recovery Mode , it is for use when updating its firmware only.
1. Detach your player from your PC , and ensure that it is turned off.
2. Close all active applications (for example, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, or Windows Media Player etc), as well as background applications such as Norton anti-virus applications.
3. Download the latest device driver if you have not installed any drivers for your player. The file name is MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250.exe.
4. Double click on the file MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250 to install it. Follow the instructions on the screen.
5. Hold down the Play/Pause button while connecting the player to a PC's USB port.
6. When the Creative logo appears on its screen, release the Play/Pause button.
The player is now in Player Recovery Mode.
May 19, 2006 |
Creative Labs Zen Neeon MP3 Player