Question about Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
Error Message = JAM DUPLEX
paper is jammed in the very bottom of the machine; cannot pull towards the front (starts to tear); can see but not reach to pull from the rear; how to remove paper is the question
following all instructions in user manual for removing paper jams fails to permit access to where this paper is or to loosen it up for removal
thank you for your help
Here's some help from Brother support (note steps 5 and 6):
1. Pull paper tray 1 completely out of the machine
2. Remove any jammed paper inside the machine. If you do not see any paper jammed inside the machine, check the underside (bottom) of the paper tray for any jammed paper and remove it.
3. Next, turn the Brother machine around with the back of the machine facing you.
4. Open the back cover.
Note: After you have just used the machine, some internal parts of the machine will be extremely hot. Wait for the machine to cool down before you touch the internal parts of the machine.
5. Pull down the two green levers, one on the left-hand-side and one on the right-hand-side and then fold down the black plastic fuser cover (located between the two green levers).
6. Using both hands, gently remove any jammed paper by pulling the paper out of the fuser unit.
7. Close the fuser cover and lift the two green levers.
8. Close the back cover.
9. Turn the Brother machine back around with the front of the machine facing you.
10. The machine will attempt to print the document that jammed.
NOTE: Verify the paper you are using meets the recommended specifications, because this can cause paper jams
Posted on Dec 15, 2009
Try and roll the roller that move the paper ahead. Rotate the roller in opposite direction so as to move the paper backwards. Do not pull the paper as if tears then that would be a bigger problem. try and use a tong with soft ends so as not to tear the paper. You have a long battle ahead as you have to go slow and steady. Move the roller with one hand and pull the paper with the other. Not pull exactly but just support it.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2012 | Canon MP640 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 04, 2012 | HP 1010 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
Dec 21, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 18, 2010 | Sharp UX-B20 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
Oct 19, 2010 | Brother MFC-7440N Laser Printer
Nov 26, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 10, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 12, 2008 | Lexmark T640 Laser Printer
Nov 07, 2008 | Copystar CS-1815 Printer
Feb 18, 2015 | Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!