Question about Frigidaire FES367 Electric Kitchen Range
Hello. The F1 error code indicates that the EOC(electronic OvenControl) has shorted out. You will need to replace this control board. This is a common occurrence following an electrical outage.
I recommend calling a few large appliance stores and repair shops and telling them what is needed. That way you will know how to proceed. Good luck with your stove and thank you sincerely for your service to our country. Having two daughters, one son and two son-in-laws in the military I have some idea of the sacrifice you and your family are making. Regards, Joe
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
This simple test will
help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the
touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
The ERC typically costs between $250-$300 (for just the part).
I always suggest buying a new range with a warranty instead.
If she's handy with a screwdriver - its not a hard item to swap out - but I would need the full model # to point you in the right direction.
THanks for using FixYa!!
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2011 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Oct 18, 2010 | Ovens
Aug 25, 2010 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
May 28, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Oct 28, 2009 | Frigidaire FEF336BC Electric Kitchen Range
Jul 20, 2009 | Kenmore 63662 / 63664 / 63669 Microwave...
Dec 16, 2008 | Ovens
Dec 15, 2008 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Jul 15, 2008 | Frigidaire Gallery GLEFM397DS Electric...
Jun 04, 2008 | Frigidaire FEF376 Electric Kitchen Range
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: