Question about Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
The proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:
1. press buttons Set, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times. this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.
2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0
3. press up arrow key several times to get to the Purge item
4. enter 2, 7, 8 and 3 using arrow/set keys to reset the counter
5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode
(for printers with numeric keypad):
Resetting purge counter on: MFC-620CN / MFC-420CN / MFC-410CN / MFC-210C and FAX-2440C:
1. Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC-210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode.
2. Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3. Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4. Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5. Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6. Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2014 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 05, 2008 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 22, 2008 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 10, 2008 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
1,252 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: