Question about Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
I think the problem is the soap residue from the rinse floats to the top of the water. When the washer drains the water out, the soap residue is lowered onto the clothing even after the spin rinse. Not much of a spin rinse in my Maytag top loader. I think this is the main problem and source of the residue problem. So, I am forced to take my laundry out of the washer after the rinse and spin ,then rinse it in the tub next to my washer. After that I throw them back into the washer to spin out. This is my only solution so far. I have tried vinegar in the rinse cycle, but that doesn't get rid of the floating residue on the surface of the rinse water that ends on my laundry anyway.
For low water volume - or "Trickling" effect...
1. Turn off the water supply to both hoses.
2. Remove hoses (one at a time so you don't get them confused)
3. On the washer side - look for a removeable screen inside wher you just removed the hose.
4. Using a small screwdriver - pop out the screen and reverse-flush it/clean it. It will likely be full of sediment and calcium deposits from your pipes.
5. Replace the inlet screens.
6. Re-fit the hose to the machine.
7. Turn on water supply valves.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 21, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Apr 03, 2010 | Washing Machines
Nov 12, 2009 | Washing Machines
Nov 12, 2009 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Oct 31, 2009 | Samsung SW62ASP Top Load Washer
Mar 12, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Feb 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jan 24, 2009 | Samsung SW62ASP Top Load Washer
Nov 27, 2008 | Washing Machines
163 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!