Question about Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
It appears the wireless card in the computer hasn't been correctly configured with the wireless router's settings.
To connect to your wireless router, it needs the router’s wireless settings configured and also needs the wireless cards in all the laptops and or computers to be configured with the router’s wireless settings. Then the laptops and desktop computers can communicate with your wireless router.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2011 | Cnet CWR-905 Wireless-N Router
Dec 16, 2011 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Oct 20, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 29, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
May 14, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Dec 25, 2009 | MSI Wind U100-030US Laptop
Jan 11, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7050) 802.11a/g/b Wireless...
Jan 03, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Oct 13, 2008 | Dell TrueMobile 2300 Wireless Router...
Jan 03, 2008 | Belkin Desktop Card Network Adapter
298 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!