Question about Casio Exilim EXZ1050 Digital Camera
I have seen this Problem on Most of the Models in Canon As well. Do you See any Lens Error ?
It Sounds as the problem is with the gear-motor alignment of the lens which moves in and out with the help of motor. This part is usually Replaceable. I would guesstimate the cost of repair around $100. You can disassemble the camera yourself and the check the plastic and fiber gearing and teeth for the lens. They are minute parts which get misaligned due to physical shock or manufacturing defect.
Let me provide you with all the Steps you need to Try ( Though i know, you might have Tried most of them )
There are a number of things you can try:
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand or other dirt etc
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 2 minutes and refit
If no luck then we have to try some things that could possibly result in damaging your camera so should only be tried if happy to take that risk...
5. Try thumping the camera into your other hand, by thumping into your hand you are trying to jar the mechanism loose, by using your hand you will hopefully not do it too hard or it will hurt. You may need to do this a dozen or so times in different places to work. I have found the flat of the camera bottom into the flat of your hand best..
6. If the lens is stuck in the out position then remove the batteries and try twisting the lens first one way then the other, do not apply excessive force when doing this or you can break gears, you are trying to reposition not force... Likewise if the lens looks like it is crooked you can try pushing it back into position. This has a higher chance of doing more harm than the thump so please be careful...
7. Dismantle the camera, not for the faint hearted, you need to dismantle the lens assembly into the main body of the camera
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Dec 12, 2009
Hi there Ron,
With new batteries inserted in your camera, try to do this little trick:
1. Hold the camera on your right hand with the lens facing the ground.
2. As you press the power on button, tap or hit the camera's base to your left palm. Do this several times.
Chances are, there could be a sand or granule of dust that got stuck on the sides of the lens, preventing it to retract properly.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
The unit is hanged. just hard reset it
Remove the battery for a minute a reinsert it again.and turn it ON.
this will reset the unit and it will start working properly.
This will help. Thanks please keep updated.please do rate the solution positively .thank you for using fixya.
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2012 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Apr 03, 2017 | Casio EX-Z1050 Digital Camera
Jan 11, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Dec 07, 2009 | Cameras
Aug 07, 2009 | Casio Cameras
Sep 21, 2017 | Casio Exilim EX-Z60 6MP Digital Camera...
Apr 10, 2009 | Sony WEGA KDE-42XBR950 42 in. HDTV Plasma...
Jun 27, 2008 | Televison & Video
May 26, 2018 | Kyocera Cameras
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: